TruTrak Autopilot Pre Order's / Status Update

Jeev

I will say that while we don't have a date locked in yet, we are working very hard to get this wrapped up.  Waiting on FAA feedback from our last batch of submitted docs.  fingers crossed!
Thanks,
Andrew
Welcome to the party! If we all threw in some coin, how much does it take to grease the wheels these days?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, BarkerBK said:

LOL, it's not BK wheels that need the grease!  Currently we are in an FAA holding pattern.

Duh... Our pending orders are plenty of grease to keep BK moving quickly.  It's those pesky government officials that need a "profit" motive to get anything done! "wink, wink"

Duh... Our pending orders are plenty of grease to keep BK moving quickly.  It's those pesky government officials that need a "profit" motive to get anything done! "wink, wink"

That was what I was trying to convey too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I wish that would work!  The truth is that there is just so much work to do and not enough FAA engineers to get it done, that is why a lot of our projects go through other pathways.  The TT product line was done direct with the FAA and has stayed on that track since then.

We surely appreciate the dedication and willingness to help out!

~Andrew

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, BarkerBK said:

I will say that while we don't have a date locked in yet, we are working very hard to get this wrapped up.  Waiting on FAA feedback from our last batch of submitted docs.  fingers crossed!

Thanks,

Andrew

Wishing you all the luck Andrew!  Fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2020 at 7:59 PM, MBDiagMan said:

This is very disappointing!  We finally get an advocate BK that has given us some hope.  Having retired from a fifty year career in technology companies in many different roles, when I see turnover it raises my eyebrows.  I wish you all the best and hope that you will check in here and follow this thread.

I offer my warmest thanks for doing your best to keep us informed.  If the company does not continue this method of staying in touch with their customer base, they are missing a great opportunity.

The TT is a GREAT Autopilot and is NOT subject to "Closed Loop": systems.  Thank goodness!  We have installed a bunch of them and the customers are just LOVING them!!!!!!

Also, we try to post here as much as we can barring workload.  If you want to, send your email to info@bakeravionics.com and we will add you to the mailing list, no spam, about the newest tech on the market and about the latest developments as we get the info.  Just a thought!  Also follow us on Facebook if you want.  Not trying to plug the company, per se, just trying to help.  I am on here enough, I hope everyone knows this is not my motive!!!!

Edited by Baker Avionics
Added info
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I seem to pick the real winners for coming to market (the products are good its just the getting to market)

My picks for my Mooney

AV-30s  I wanted them over a year ago  (what is its status now? No one knows, no communications from uAvionix)

TT autopilot I wanted it 2 tears ago  (stuck in FAA holding pattern awaiting clearance to land)

Skybeacon RIGHT side to match the left side, I wanted it a year ago. And now without ADSB In.  (status unknown as I can't get any communications from uAVionix)

I sure know how to pick'm

Not knocking the products just the frustration of waiting. 

44 minutes ago, cliffy said:

I seem to pick the real winners for coming to market (the products are good its just the getting to market)

My picks for my Mooney

AV-30s  I wanted them over a year ago  (what is its status now? No one knows, no communications from uAvionix)

TT autopilot I wanted it 2 tears ago  (stuck in FAA holding pattern awaiting clearance to land)

Skybeacon RIGHT side to match the left side, I wanted it a year ago. And now without ADSB In.  (status unknown as I can't get any communications from uAVionix)

I sure know how to pick'm

Not knocking the products just the frustration of waiting. 

Ya.... U do!  :) And they are all good picks...

Years ago, we picked "off the shelf". NEVER KNEW about the product until the dealers had it in hand, ready to sell and install…

Now, with the internet and sleuthing, everybody (we)  knows everything as soon as it happens, or doesn't.  The manufacturers are struggling to adjust. Now , during the approval process, instead if responding to the FAA with the process, they are fending of the probes from hundreds (thousands?) of potential customers  with $$$ in hand that can't wait for the latest toy NOW THAT , FOR MANY, IT'S AFFORDABLE.

Not long ago, we were contemplating adding Alt Hold to our Century I for a significant cost related to the value of the airplane. Now we have a 2 Axis digital AP for a fraction of the cost.

We had to wait almost a year.  But, it was totally worth it...

And then chit happens... The 737 Max thingy <> FAA has set back the TT approval for the Mooneys at least 6 months...

The Funding FAA issue  cost TT at least 90 days in approving the Cherokees...  Hurdles all the way, then some new ones...

Sigh....

Nav

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 2:18 PM, cliffy said:

Maybe they should declare a fuel emergency?  Would that help?

• Like 3

Just to cheer you up I will say that I flew my friend’s Cherokee this past weekend with a newly installed Trutrak AP and I was really impressed. I spent 30 minutes reading the basic functionality in the manual and went flying. Intuitive enough that I was using it pretty darn well within a very short time. This was a test flight after initial installation and it needed no adjustments. It just worked. Super easy and intuitive! Looking forward to it, whenever it gets approved for my lowly C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Same as many I presume, I gave up hope for now. My money went to Aspen last week. If the trutrak certification is sitting on the FAA's desk, we all know how fast that operation works. :angry: I'm hopeful, but realistic

I still wish we could move a certified plane into a different category, and maintain/modify to experimental standards. Wishful thinking

22 hours ago, Dbrown said:

I have it on pretty good authority that these will not be shipping before Oshkosh! 

Worse than you think....  :(

The corporation "TruTrak" is still alive of necessity after all these months.. the paperwork to TRANSFER the STC's to Honeywell, submitted months ago,  is STILL in the hands of the FAA!!   Wondered why the website was still up...   so the TT website has to stay alive with the approved manuals etc..

Easy, but....   REALLY!!????

Looks like the TT<> BK guys are pushing a rope...   :(

Nav

• Like 1