TruTrak Autopilot Pre Order's / Status Update

Jeev

22 hours ago, Sandman993 said:

Anyone hear an update on the TT coming online for the Mooney? They mentioned it would be shipping in late 4th quarter if memory serves. 

Initial paperwork is in the hands of the FAA, but they are not known for their speed especially around the holidays. 

I appreciate the patience as we all wait on the FAA. 

Cheers, 

Steve

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, PearceBK said:

Initial paperwork is in the hands of the FAA, but they are not known for their speed especially around the holidays. 

I appreciate the patience as we all wait on the FAA. 

Cheers, 

Steve

Hey Steve, 

Any update on the AeroCruz 230 talking to an Aspen PFD? I'm ready to place an order as soon as the two of them will talk.

Thanks

• Like 1

On 12/13/2019 at 12:28 PM, gsxrpilot said:

Hey Steve, 

Any update on the AeroCruz 230 talking to an Aspen PFD? I'm ready to place an order as soon as the two of them will talk.

Thanks

Great question. 

We just got the updated STC today that adds G500 TXi compatibility and list of high wing aircraft. I'll see what are the plans for the Aspen units in terms on integration. 

Cheers, 

Steve

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, PearceBK said:

Great question. 

We just got the updated STC today that adds G500 TXi compatibility and list of high wing aircraft. I'll see what are the plans for the Aspen units in terms on integration. 

Thanks Steve.

@Bryan this would work for you, I think.

• Like 1

So, a KFC 150 can be replaced (now) with an AeroCruze 230 that can be driven with a G500 TXi via a GAD 43e?   Is it a slide-in replacement or tons of wiring?

I have the perfect Mooney for this 'upgrade' case-study.

IMG_1829.JPG

Edited by Bryan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Bryan said:

So, a KFC 150 can be replaced (now) with an AeroCruze 230 that can be driven with a G500 TXi via a GAD 43e?   Is it a slide-in replacement or tons of wiring?

I have the perfect Mooney for this 'upgrade' case-study.

IMG_1829.JPG

Hey I recognize that glove box. Panel looks great by the way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am fighting a vacuum leak in my PC.  If I thought that the TruTrak would be approved soon, I would give up the fight and enjoy the family being home for Christmas but after waiting month after month for a year and a half, it’s really difficult to work up any confidence even though Steve appears to be bringing integrity to the process.  You go on for months and months and you lose all confidence no matter what is said.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2019 at 4:23 PM, PearceBK said:

Great question. 

Cheers, 

Steve

@PearceBK, please let us know about the Aspen integration...I'm having HUGE problems with my KFC 150 and I cannot wait much longer to upgrade.  I have an Aspen too so integration with the 230 influences my decision...

• Like 3

Is it only me, but as we get near to Christmas, every time this link gets any activity, I wish it is BK announcing the certification and delivery date on their/TruTrak autopilot...oh well, Merry Christmas to you all ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’ve been following this thread since I have seen two of these units being installed in a Cessna 172 and Piper Cherokee at my home maintenance shop. I noticed that all of the packaging for the TruTrak has been converted to Bendix King trademarks. So, at least it looks like the order fulfillment has been taken over.

Just hope that BK’s bureaucracy doesn’t slow down the certification process for those of you waiting. Their track record has been extremely poor at getting products out to market on time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

It's a crap shoot now...

TT application has been in for a long time...  If the Garmin app went in the same time I would give the edge to Garmin.  But after the Boeing thingy, Garmin apps have slowed..  EVERYTHING is under technical and political scrutiny now... :(

I doubt if anybody at the FAA is pulling on the chain over the holidays..

Nav

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NJMac said:

My airplane improvement account is growing and it made me wonder where my autopilot STC is? Anyone want to make bets as to who is first for our short bodies? Trutrak or GFC500?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

That’s a difficult horse to pick.  Garmin is already servicing the models more likely to spring with the cash necessary for a GFC.  Their motivation for the older models is probably limited.  BK having Cessna and Piper certification has more market than they can keep up with that, so their motivation is not real strong either.

i already have the number one Christmas present on my list with all three daughters, their husbands and nine grandchildren home for Christmas.  It would be incredible if within a few weeks BK were to make number two on the list possible.

I’m not sure exactly when the TT was submitted to the FAA.  We were told a year and a half ago that it had been submitted.  Then we’re told again it had been submitted.  Once the first falsehood comes forth you no longer know what you can believe.

Edited by MBDiagMan
  • Like 2

On 12/23/2019 at 7:13 AM, Marauder said:

I’ve been following this thread since I have seen two of these units being installed in a Cessna 172 and Piper Cherokee at my home maintenance shop. I noticed that all of the packaging for the TruTrak has been converted to Bendix King trademarks. So, at least it looks like the order fulfillment has been taken over.

Just hope that BK’s bureaucracy doesn’t slow down the certification process for those of you waiting. Their track record has been extremely poor at getting products out to market on time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yea the last 3 we have installed have been labeled Bendix King.  So far I have been pleased with BK, they have been responsive and the tech line has been prompt and helpful.  Steve called me right back the other day when I had some questions so far so good.  When we start cranking on the Mooneys time will tell......  TruTrak was really behind on the certification (obviously) I really think BK will be a plus, who knows how long it would have taken.  Again time will tell and at this point I have no expectations, when it is approved it will be a bonus B).

• Like 2

I think we an expect the TT/BK STC within 90 days, I have NO idea where the Garmin project is..  At least the TT STC application has been in for a long time..

Reality is, VFR Mooneys will get the TT, hard IFR newer Mooneys will hold out for the Garmin. Garmin fans will go Garmin and have the $$$ to do so, Mooneys on a budget will get the TTs. If BK gets coupled approaches approved soon, the ratio will shift in favor of TT.   Reports in from the Cherokee crowd indicate that both APs fly the aircrafts VERY well, for some PA28's the Garmin has more features important to some . In all, when the dust settles, into the Mooney fleet, TT will likely install 8 or 9 units to  Garmin's 1.

The FAA timeline (or lack thereof) makes it a bit of a crapshoot...

N

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MBDiagMan said:

Okay, there was mention of a race between Garmin and BK being first with Mooney cert.  How about now voting on whether I should suspend the repair project for my PC with the idea that he TT will be certified in the next 90 days?

Just the fact that the lack of AP has caused you considerable grief over the last few months why not just spend what it takes to get your system working?  It might be considerably less than you think if the person knows what they’re doing. 

Edited by MIm20c
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MBDiagMan said:

Okay, there was mention of a race between Garmin and BK being first with Mooney cert.  How about now voting on whether I should suspend the repair project for my PC with the idea that he TT will be certified in the next 90 days?

We flew our plane with an inoperative KFC200 for 18 months waiting on Garmin.  Certainly you can hold out longer than 90 days.

• Like 1