TruTrak Autopilot Pre Order's / Status Update

Jeev

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks, 

Having another webinar around the AeroCruze autopilots. This is going to be a functional webinar on autopilot operation and getting to know your autopilot a bit better then you do already. It is going to have an update about the Mooney STC, so I would encourage joining. 

It is run through SocialFlight and the registeration is below. 

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6137242311376870155

See you tomorrow, 

Steve

• Like 2

Earlier today...

Thank you for registering for "Your Second in Command: BendixKing’s AeroCruze Autopilots".

Used effectively, an autopilot can be the single greatest safety tool available to pilots; and recent advancements in technology are making modern autopilots an affordable addition to General Aviation aircraft across the board. However, technology in the cockpit is only as good as the pilot using it. Understanding how and when to best use your autopilot can be the difference between it being a valuable safety tool vs. a dangerous distraction. Learn about the features and functions in the latest autopilots in the combined BendixKing and former TruTrak autopilot line, how to integrate them into your flying and what to look for in your next avionics upgrade. Presented by BendixKing and SocialFlight. Webinar registration includes sign-up to SocialFlight's Weekly Event planner email.

Please send your questions, comments and feedback to: jeff.simon@salesapproach.com

How To Join The Webinar 

Thu, Oct 17, 2019 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT

Add to Calendar: Outlook® Calendar | Google Calendar™ | iCal®

1. Click the link to join the webinar at the specified time and date:

Join Webinar

Note: This link should not be shared with others; it is unique to you.

Before joining, be sure to check system requirements to avoid any connection issues. 

2. Choose one of the following audio options:

TO USE YOUR COMPUTER'S AUDIO:
When the webinar begins, you will be connected to audio using your computer's microphone and speakers (VoIP). A headset is recommended.

--OR--

TO USE YOUR TELEPHONE:
If you prefer to use your phone, you must select "Use Telephone" after joining the webinar and call in using the numbers below.
United States: +1 (213) 929-4212 
Access Code: 220-307-610
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the webinar

Webinar ID: 559-194-571 

It was-

A Mooney E model was used for the initial fitting out and the papers were submitted to the FAA The biggest downer was that they didn't have the information on what other models were included in the filing with the Feds. Very disappointed on that fact, Knowing the interest that is around on the Mooney STC someone should have thought to make that phone call before the webinar

You should be able to find it on youtube They said they wold post it there today.

Edited by cliffy

On 10/16/2019 at 4:03 PM, PearceBK said:

Hi Folks, 

Having another webinar around the AeroCruze autopilots. This is going to be a functional webinar on autopilot operation and getting to know your autopilot a bit better then you do already. It is going to have an update about the Mooney STC, so I would encourage joining. 

It is run through SocialFlight and the registeration is below. 

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6137242311376870155

See you tomorrow, 

Steve

Steve, look forward to seeing the webinar for the folks that couldn't attend! I'm. My airplane has its panel open right now and I'm excited to get a better idea of what direction I should go. 

Is IAS climb a feature that is coming? How about flying an ILS or approaches in general? If the ILS goes from my IFD box to my Aspen as a digital signal, can't you all use it then?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Hi Folks, 

Here's the link to the youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl0PpWYBHfw

@cliffy As far as the model list goes, we want all M20 models but the FAA may have different thought on that. We expect a final model list from them in the next couple of weeks. 

@NJMac IAS feature is something we are seriously looking at, and mostly likely will roll in to the experimental market first, before it gets to certified. As of right now the AeroCruze 100 only accepts digital signals, and no analog signals even if they are converted to digital through a navigator. We're actively working to build out the feature set on the AeroCruze 100 series, but we need to get past the STC push first. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PearceBK said:

Hi Folks, 

Here's the link to the youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl0PpWYBHfw

@cliffy As far as the model list goes, we want all M20 models but the FAA may have different thought on that. We expect a final model list from them in the next couple of weeks. 

@NJMac IAS feature is something we are seriously looking at, and mostly likely will roll in to the experimental market first, before it gets to certified. As of right now the AeroCruze 100 only accepts digital signals, and no analog signals even if they are converted to digital through a navigator. We're actively working to build out the feature set on the AeroCruze 100 series, but we need to get past the STC push first. 

Do you have integration plans for the Aspen products (to use their altitude pre-select, VSI and later IAS climbs)?

Thanks for the reply

Unless the FAA guy  in charge KNOWS Mooneys he may not realize that the D model once converted to controllable prop and suck'm up gear is exactly like a C model of the same year they may have issues with it. Only 2 or 3 "as built" D models still exist with fixed gear and only 254 in all were ever built. Many companies pass them by on certification just because there were so few made and they don't understand the history of what they have been converted to over the years. 

Secondly, if you could comment on another possible problem in the form factor on older Mooneys with the limited panel space-

Will BK be offering the AeroCruze 100 in the 2 1/4" round form factor as Trutrak was going to do? I see only the flat pack and the 3 1/2" models on any information I can find on the subject. For those of us wanting the smaller size since the beginning (emphasis added) it could be a big issue if we have to rearrange an entire panel to fit it in, 3 1/2 inch holes are in short supply in a lot of older Mooney panels. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cliffy said:

Secondly, if you could comment on another possible problem in the form factor on older Mooneys with the limited panel space-

Will BK be offering the AeroCruze 100 in the 2 1/4" round form factor as Trutrak was going to do? I see only the flat pack and the 3 1/2" models on any information I can find on the subject. For those of us wanting the smaller size since the beginning (emphasis added) it could be a big issue if we have to rearrange an entire panel to fit it in, 3 1/2 inch holes are in short supply in a lot of older Mooney panels. 

The 2.25” unit is their standard one. The 3.125” is the same unit with a bigger bezel. They still offer all 3. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jesse Saint said:

The 2.25” unit is their standard one. The 3.125” is the same unit with a bigger bezel. They still offer all 3. 

OK that's great I just haven't seen it shown in any BK ads yet. I've only seen the 3 1/2 and the flat pack

On 9/25/2019 at 6:56 AM, Navi said:

Hmmmm..   Coles notes... on BK/TT Webinar ...

Takeaway from the TT BK Seminar...

Plans for, hopes for.. The TruTrak / BK Autopilot…

- Andrew is now VP of Experimental and Aftermarket Products for the Americas.

- Mooney STC Application is almost ready, in model verification. Hoped for 4 Th quarter this year. Wood wings NOT included, would require completely new design, VERY different airframe construction...

- Grumman application is in to FAA (with lots  of help from the manufacturer)

- Backlog of orders are expected to be cleared/much lessened by December.

FEATURES

- IAS Select, Alt restriction lifted, coupled approach restriction removed and Auto trim will be pursued in the next year. ...

FIXES

- Static Lag "Save" bug fixed

- Slow directed turn bug fixed

INTEGRATION

ASPEN E5...

- AP will follow Baro sync, Heading and will "pass through" GPSS.  (No Alt bug until next update of Aspen software. )

GARMIN G5

- AP will follow Heading Bug, and Alt Bug.  G5 will NOT pass through GPSS information, You will need a "source" switch to bypass the G5 with the GPSS info from your navigator.

(AGAIN, discussion about Garmin discontinuing the output of the G5 in a future update TO PREVENT it being used with other autopilots than the GFC 500. This thought continues to gain traction in the marketplace.  Garmin has not and will not support the interface, G5 <> TT (or any other AP) , Aspen does and will continue the support of the interface. )

Clearly, Steven and Andrew are concerned about this happening...  (my opinion only )

OTHER

Basically, Aspen is supporting integration with other products, Garmin wants an all Garmin panel in your plane... and I guess they may be prepared to insist on it...

BK/TT is co-operating with other manufacturers (one was present in the Seminar) for integration with other products, so you will have more choices for upgrades in the future.

This from memory and a few noted last night.  Hope I got it all correct, the discussion moved quickly... Feel free to add or correct the above if able..

N

I say if Garmin does this and excludes TT, it's time to find an attorney as a group and Sue them. The GAD 29 is supposed to be the AP interface for non-garmin AP's. Garmin needs to be sued anyway. I'm sure we can come up with something. Breach of promise, false advertisement, attempting to control the market, etc. Any attorneys out there?

Bob

Like to have been a fly on the wall when the Garmin <> uAvionix suit was settled...

There is a feeling that Garmin got spanked a little...  It got difficult when the US Patent office issued uAvionix a patent for their technology. I have ben around that world, and one of the principal requirements is that there can be NO confusion or similarity with other solutions that may be out there / available…

And then uAvionix  had some $$$$$ to buy Aerovonics….

Hmmmmmm ?

Nav

• 4 weeks later...