TruTrak Autopilot Pre Order's / Status Update

Jeev

Back to the autopilot topic, my dealer has ordered and installed one since the buyout and said business as usual. Hope we can get the STC and install done before BK "adjusts" their pricing to afford the purchase.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

As far as the customer experience/ support is concerned, nothing seems to have changed... Same voices on phone.. etc.

Order back log seems to be increasing, the PA-32 and 182 crowd seems to have caught wind...

Good for TT<>BK, not so good if you are waiting...

"Tis what it is...  :)

Nav

All we hear is crickets from TT/BK   Not optimistic that's why I'm looking around. Might have to source a Brittian as I've flown them even in Navajos and they work well when set up properly. My Accutrac works fine. If I could find a Brittian Alt Hold system I'd be set. That's all I need. Yes I know, orphan AP for the most part but ?  Did anyone hear of the comments at OSH by the Feds that they are working on something new for "legecy" airplanes called " Special Airwothiness Certificate" to allow non-certified mods to take place? Maybe a new thread needs to be done on that?

2 minutes ago, cliffy said:

Did anyone hear of the comments at OSH by the Feds that they are working on something new for "legecy" airplanes called " Special Airwothiness Certificate" to allow non-certified mods to take place? Maybe a new thread needs to be done on that?

What?!  That is what we need.  Yes that would deserve a new thread.  But please say more.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cliffy said:

All we hear is crickets from TT/BK   Not optimistic that's why I'm looking around. Might have to source a Brittian as I've flown them even in Navajos and they work well when set up properly. My Accutrac works fine. If I could find a Brittian Alt Hold system I'd be set. That's all I need. Yes I know, orphan AP for the most part but ?  Did anyone hear of the comments at OSH by the Feds that they are working on something new for "legecy" airplanes called " Special Airwothiness Certificate" to allow non-certified mods to take place? Maybe a new thread needs to be done on that?

Who have you tried to reach out too? 

The goal is business as usual for TT and help them on there way with getting certs out the door. We know at this point their backlog is just growing, so we're going to try and help push through that backlog as well. 

PM me if you need anything, and I'll work to get it addressed. 

Cheers, 

Steve Pearce

BendixKing

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, PearceBK said:

The goal is business as usual for TT and help them on there way with getting certs out the door. We know at this point their backlog is just growing, so we're going to try and help push through that backlog as well. 

Cheers, 

Steve Pearce

BendixKing

Thank you Steve for chiming in here, it is very much appreciated. I have a long list of eager Mooney owners submitted with the TT guys.  We are all looking forward to the approval and reduction in back orders. 

• Like 1

Cheers, 

Steve Pearce

BendixKing

Warmest of welcomes to you. Looking forward to the Mooney STC and my money in your hands ASAP

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My brittain has started listing to the left, was really hoping for trio, trutrak or even brittain, sigh.  

Mine just started rolling to the right. Troubleshooting indicates a leaking right Aileron servo. Ordered two from Alan Fox just in case the left one goes too. A TT will be going in a soon as it is available but would like to keep the Brittain going until then since we really don’t know when that will be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 8/13/2019 at 7:18 PM, carusoam said:

Welcome aboard Steve...

It is great to have a BK guy here.

Best regards,

-a-

Yes, but someone ought to lock his account out of all the threads ranting about BK!

Except he won’t have access to anything.

EDIT: This was sarcasm and meant to be funny.  Welcome aboard!  More info/options is always better!

Edited by Ragsf15e

To be a modern day BK guy... may require having some thick skin...

True of any sales position on the planet.

The really skilled tech guys probably have to develop the thick skin... that can take some time...

Really skilled tech guys, have thick skin, and you can’t tell from the outside... :)

Be extra nice to the tech guys... they have answers to many of our questions... and aren’t forced to hang around here...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 3

On 8/13/2019 at 6:49 PM, PearceBK said:

Cheers, 

Steve Pearce

BendixKing

Thanks Steve!  I sincerely hope that the TT purchase helps all concerned.  I have gotten so frustrated waiting for the certification that I sometimes lose it and write things out of frustration.  

I spent most of my career in the automation software world where keeping customers frequently updated about product availability was an ongoing challenge due to rapid development.  I learned from that how extremely important it is to keep people informed of ALL news both good and bad.  If a delay occurs, tell the customer right away and try to be as realistic and truthful as possible.  Keeping everyone updated whether the news is good or bad earns customer loyalty.

Ny $0.02,

And use the Murphy's law for time estimation.  Divide the number by two and increase the units by one.  So if you expect certification to be done in 4 weeks, plan on it really taking 2 months.  Six months becomes 3 years, etc.

I think it is always better to under promise and over deliver than the other way around.

13 minutes ago, Bob - S50 said:

And use the Murphy's law for time estimation.  Divide the number by two and increase the units by one.  So if you expect certification to be done in 4 weeks, plan on it really taking 2 months.  Six months becomes 3 years, etc.

I think it is always better to under promise and over deliver than the other way around.

Absolutely!!!

10 hours ago, carusoam said:

To be a modern day BK guy... may require having some thick skin...

True of any sales position on the planet.

The really skilled tech guys probably have to develop the thick skin... that can take some time...

Really skilled tech guys, have thick skin, and you can’t tell from the outside... :)

Be extra nice to the tech guys... they have answers to many of our questions... and aren’t forced to hang around here...

Best regards,

-a-

BK was one time at the top of avionics sector... perhaps they can reach that pinnacle again... I’m hearing some good things about their navigation avionics etc lately. I like the notion of great alternative choices. Rock on Bendix King!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sandman993 said:

BK was one time at the top of avionics sector... perhaps they can reach that pinnacle again... I’m hearing some good things about their navigation avionics etc lately. I like the notion of great alternative choices. Rock on Bendix King!

We're working towards that top spot, so I appreciate the support. If you need a thick skin anywhere, it on Beechtalk. 

My goal of being here is to listen and help people with support issues, and work with everyone to get better feedback on our products so we can innovate to create better products that serve the right airframes. 

Cheers, 

Steve

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, PearceBK said:

We're working towards that top spot, so I appreciate the support. If you need a thick skin anywhere, it on Beechtalk. 

My goal of being here is to listen and help people with support issues, and work with everyone to get better feedback on our products so we can innovate to create better products that serve the right airframes. 

Cheers, 

Steve

Might be worth dropping the price on certain repair items, like replacement screens for 155/165’s or servo parts for your AP’s, to gain a massive amount of good will and positive outlook going forward. 

32 minutes ago, MIm20c said:

Might be worth dropping the price on certain repair items, like replacement screens for 155/165’s or servo parts for your AP’s, to gain a massive amount of good will and positive outlook going forward. 

Yep.  That's why we decided to not fix our KFC200.  Our pitch servo quit and it was going to cost $4000 to get it fixed.  Keeping in mind we also had a roll servo, trim servo, KI256, KI525A, KG102 and flight computer that would also be expensive to repair we opted to scrap it all and spend close to $30,000 to replace it with dual G5's and a 4 servo GFC500 (to be installed in October).  More reliable, more capable, lighter weight, cheaper replacement parts.

Had we been assured that it would never cost more than $2000 to fix any of those items we might have stuck with the KFC200.  Might have even bought the KI300/KI310 if that price had been more reasonable.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Bob - S50 said:

Yep.  That's why we decided to not fix our KFC200.  Our pitch servo quit and it was going to cost $4000 to get it fixed.  Keeping in mind we also had a roll servo, trim servo, KI256, KI525A, KG102 and flight computer that would also be expensive to repair we opted to scrap it all and spend close to $30,000 to replace it with dual G5's and a 4 servo GFC500 (to be installed in October).  More reliable, more capable, lighter weight, cheaper replacement parts.

Had we been assured that it would never cost more than $2000 to fix any of those items we might have stuck with the KFC200.  Might have even bought the KI300/KI310 if that price had been more reasonable.

And things like the $200 disconnect switch($20 at an electronic parts store) The $1100 trim switch(3 x $15 in parts I think).