TruTrak Autopilot Pre Order's / Status Update

Jeev

Now let's get the 5Gs to integrate with my IFD440

Just got a reply from Corey at Trutrak and he did confirm that the Vision will be compatible with the Aspen AND the G5's!  It is still in the works but will be released soon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just updated my website to include the general install manual with the wiring diagram and the install manuals for the approved kits for Cessna & Piper so you all can get an idea of the install.  I will update this page with the Mooney manual when I get it.

https://wolfaviationsales.com/trutrak-autopilots

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, nosky2high said:

Any updates on the Vision? It’s number one on my Christmas list.

What recommendations do you all have to replace the Brittain PC wing-leveler turn coordinator? 

If you don't have a backup Attitude Indicator I'd recommend putting one there per AC 91-75, from there it's up to you. L3, Sandia, RC Allen, Garmin, MidContinent, etc.

10 hours ago, nosky2high said:

Any updates on the Vision? It’s number one on my Christmas list.

What recommendations do you all have to replace the Brittain PC wing-leveler turn coordinator? 

I spoke with Trutrak today and unfortunately they pushed back the date again to spring 2019, I was told there are no specific issues it is just the process with the FAA.  I am going to set up a fly in to tour their facility in at Springdale Municipal Airport (KASG) and look at the Mooney test bed install.  How many of you would be interested?  When I have a approximate number I can start working on a date.  I will start another thread for the fly in.

Regarding replacing the T/C I would definitely put in a RC Allen or other glass AI.  I had the RC Allen in my last Mooney and liked it but installed it when there were not many other options.  If I was going to do it again I would highly consider the AeroVonics.

• Like 1

I spoke with Trutrak today and unfortunately they pushed back the date again to spring 2019, I was told there are no specific issues it is just the process with the FAA.  I am going to set up a fly in to tour their facility in at Springdale Municipal Airport (KASG) and look at the Mooney test bed install.  How many of you would be interested?  When I have a approximate number I can start working on a date.  I will start another thread for the fly in.
Regarding replacing the T/C I would definitely put in a RC Allen or other glass AI.  I had the RC Allen in my last Mooney and liked it but installed it when there were not many other options.  If I was going to do it again I would highly consider the AeroVonics.
I'd join if the date/weather agreed with me.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2018 at 7:18 PM, Jeev said:

Why do you need to replace the T/C?  Doesn’t it work?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Do it Brice. Can't wait to hear your pirep. Bank approved us for a 600k commercial new construction loan last week so any play money just went into our down payment. I'll be living the trutrac experience vicariously for the next 12 months or so.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MICKEY said:

Just thought I’d put it out there. Would it be worth upgrading from a STEC 60-2 to the trutrak? Thoughts?

Honestly if you have a working 60-2 I would stick with it or if you really want an upgrade take a look at the cost to upgrade to a 3100.  Is there a reason you don't like the STEC?  Trutrak is a better fit for replacing an old legacy autopilot or installing in an aircraft that has no autopilot.  With that being said the Trutrak is a digital solid state autopilot that is "new tech" that may be less expensive than going with a STEC 3100.  I have a STEC 55X in my new to me 310R and it does a nice job but the TruTrak units I have flown in customer aircraft have been more stable and in my opinion does a better job flying the aircraft.  You would be giving up the ability for the autopilot to fly a coupled ILS but if you are interested price out selling your current 60-2 and installing the new TruTrak.  If the difference is small and you can keep your existing servos than the STEC 3100 would be a great option, if the 3100 is a big money upgrade I would weigh the options.

14 hours ago, Jeev said:

Honestly if you have a working 60-2 I would stick with it or if you really want an upgrade take a look at the cost to upgrade to a 3100.  Is there a reason you don't like the STEC?  Trutrak is a better fit for replacing an old legacy autopilot or installing in an aircraft that has no autopilot.  With that being said the Trutrak is a digital solid state autopilot that that is "new tech" that may be less expensive than going with a STEC 3100.  I have a STEC 55X in my new to me 310R and it does a nice job but the TruTrak units I have flown in customer aircraft have been more stable and in my opinion does a better job flying the aircraft.  You would be giving up the ability for the autopilot to fly a coupled ILS but if you are interested price out selling your current 60-2 and installing the new TruTrak.  If the difference is small and you can keep your existing servos than the STEC 3100 would be a great option, if the 3100 is a big money upgrade I would weigh the options.

I was looking for betting integration of G5’s with autopilot and envelope protection. The 3100 does look great just wondering how nice it will play/integrate with G5’s. Ideally the gfc 500, but not sure when, if ever, it will be STCd for the M20F.

2 minutes ago, MICKEY said:

I was looking for betting integration of G5’s with autopilot and envelope protection. The 3100 does look great just wondering how nice it will play/integrate with G5’s. Ideally the gfc 500, but not sure when, if ever, it will be STCd for the M20F.

According to their website, the GFC500 testing for the M20F is supposed to begin sometime in the next 12 months.

1 hour ago, MICKEY said:

Got it.  The G5’s will integrate with the Trutrak but until the approved software is released we really don’t know to what degree above heading bug function. When I am there for the visit I will see if I can get more info in person as to what they are aiming for.  The envelope protection works awesome on the Trutrak.

• Like 1

Going from a 60-2 to a TruTrak would seem to be a step backward. On the other hand, the 3100 would seem to be a nice step up. It's comparable, at least on paper with the GFC600. And with Stec providing an economical upgrade path, I would think that's the way forward. 

IMO the autopilot is the more expensive and more important piece compared to the AI/HSI/GPS to drive it. Get the right autopilot and then get the instruments to drive it.

No knock on TruTrak. If you've got a Britain wing leveler, you want one. But I just don't see it as an upgrade from the 60-2.

• Like 5