Fuel Senders

sdflysurf

1968 Mooney M20F, have a couple of fuel senders that are not as accurate as we'd like, took them out and cleaned them as best we could.  Wondering if anyone has a working set they are sitting on and would like to sell, or if it is best to overhaul them (got a price of $165/each + shipping), or if there is an after market part that is readily available as a replacement, or other options?

Inboard Fuel Senders Part number: 610168-001
Outboard Fuel Senders Part number: 610242-001

Save your money and buy the CiEs sending units.

1968 Mooney M20F, have a couple of fuel senders that are not as accurate as we'd like, took them out and cleaned them as best we could.  Wondering if anyone has a working set they are sitting on and would like to sell, or if it is best to overhaul them (got a price of $165/each + shipping), or if there is an after market part that is readily available as a replacement, or other options?
Inboard Fuel Senders Part number: 610168-001
Outboard Fuel Senders Part number: 610242-001

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

There is an after market device called Ceis...  pronounced sice

Look them up around here...

Their accuracy is improved over what the original fuel senders could ever produce.

needs a digital display like a JPI or other...

Goes well with a FF gauge...

Makes it really hard to run out of fuel without knowing it is happening.

Best regards,

-a-

9 hours ago, xcrmckenna said:

Installed CiES senders a month ago to go hand and hand with my new EDM900. Love them!!!

Likewise I just put them in.   I have the EDM set to show gallons in the tanks, and it's pretty accurate when I refuel.   It does increase confidence that you know how much fuel you actually have.

• Like 2

Just installed CiES in my 76 F.  My current ones were working fine but I installed the JPI EDM 900 along with some tank work and thought I should just go all the way.  I have not picked up the plane or senders yet and likely will not get them until around the 1st.  I also have a new oil cooler and the oil cooler mod being done (which is the delay in picking up the plane).  I would sell you all 4 make an offer.

Edited by wcb

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, PilotCoyote said:

The ceis website says that the sending units can be also used with the stock gauges using their resistive output... has anyone done this? I’m ready to replace my senders, but  will not be replacing the cluster gauge right away.

I was just reading through their install manuals and it looks like it is two different parts.  You can order them with resistive analog outputs or with digital outputs.  The resistive would work with your stock gauges and I'm guessing would also work with an engine monitor like a JPI, EI, or something, but would use an analog input instead of a digital input to the monitor.

That's how I understood what I read anyway :)

2 hours ago, bob865 said:

I was just reading through their install manuals and it looks like it is two different parts.  You can order them with resistive analog outputs or with digital outputs.  The resistive would work with your stock gauges and I'm guessing would also work with an engine monitor like a JPI, EI, or something, but would use an analog input instead of a digital input to the monitor.

That's how I understood what I read anyway :)

If I remember right, to use the stock gauges you need to provide quite a bit of information about your gauges.  Something about resistance or volts at empty, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, full.  Since the gauge can't be calibrated to match the float, the float has to be programmed to match the gauge.  On the other hand, with a digital gauge like the Aerospace Logic gauges, the gauge is calibrated to match the float.  Much easier.