G1000 WAAS Upgrade Cost?

I'm yet another owner trying very late to upgrade my 2007 Acclaim to WAAS. I'm hoping someone can tell me definitively which 63W part numbers will work. I'm aware that I better get two of the same rather than mix 'n match.

I see from MatthiasArnold's post that -00:no, -01:yes. Jayson: did you complete your upgrade with the -20s? Anyone know about -40s?

Thanks.

20 hours ago, Persipity said:

I'm yet another owner trying very late to upgrade my 2007 Acclaim to WAAS. I'm hoping someone can tell me definitively which 63W part numbers will work. I'm aware that I better get two of the same rather than mix 'n match.

I see from MatthiasArnold's post that -00:no, -01:yes. Jayson: did you complete your upgrade with the -20s? Anyone know about -40s?

Thanks.

Only -01 and -20 boxes will work and yes they need to be the same.  (-40 boxes will not work on the Mooney installation)

You will also need a couple of WAAS GPS antennas.  The service instructions call for 013-00244-00 and 013-00245-00 antennas.  

Thanks for the helpful info, Lancecasper. This group is awesome! I've gotten as far as I have mostly by poking through threads on this.

I tried contacting a couple MSCs about doing the work but none has gotten back to me. I have a Garmin dealer who's confident he can do it and he's located two -20s, but he's rightly concerned that a signoff from Mooney might be required. He'd also love the parts list for Option 2 in Service Bulletin M20-305B. Anyone have any (further!) hints? Does an MSC (still) need to do it?

Finally, en route VNAV (Option 3 in the service bulletin) would be nice if possible (I have a GFC 700). Can someone tell me what (additional) hardware is required for that?

5 hours ago, Persipity said:

Thanks for the helpful info, Lancecasper. This group is awesome! I've gotten as far as I have mostly by poking through threads on this.

I tried contacting a couple MSCs about doing the work but none has gotten back to me. I have a Garmin dealer who's confident he can do it and he's located two -20s, but he's rightly concerned that a signoff from Mooney might be required. He'd also love the parts list for Option 2 in Service Bulletin M20-305B. Anyone have any (further!) hints? Does an MSC (still) need to do it?

Finally, en route VNAV (Option 3 in the service bulletin) would be nice if possible (I have a GFC 700). Can someone tell me what (additional) hardware is required for that?

@Pmaxwell Paul Maxwell is the expert on this and is the source of the information I gave you in the earlier post. If it was me I would make an appointment and go to Longview TX and have him do it.

To have a dedicated VNAV button you would need the updated MFD. The WAAS is a game-changer, but depending on the expense of the update MFD, the dedicated VNAV button not so much.

On 11/19/2022 at 6:34 AM, LANCECASPER said:

@Pmaxwell Paul Maxwell is the expert on this and is the source of the information I gave you in the earlier post. If it was me I would make an appointment and go to Longview TX and have him do it.

To have a dedicated VNAV button you would need the updated MFD. The WAAS is a game-changer, but depending on the expense of the update MFD, the dedicated VNAV button not so much.

Two thumbs up for Paul at Maxwell to do the upgrade.  He knows all the details and has done two planes for me.

The vnav is great if you are regularly flying in the higher flight levels, unfortunately most air traffic controllers do not provide descent at PD for our pistons, so on the Mooney it doesn’t get used very much, if at all. 

One thing I noted from the OP is that he asked if Adsb in/out with waas is available for the g1000.  In fact it’s required for Adsb, but that waas is only for the transponder and doesn’t provide waas for navigation.  
Not sure if that was part of the original question. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2022 at 10:10 PM, Persipity said:

Where did you find GIA63W? I'm thinking about the upgrade too.