Avionics swap between planes

Looking for advice for keeping my current avionics when I upgrade planes down the road.  I have to admit I’m torn with my current setup. I’d like to upgrade my 430w with a new 440 but feel I’m already over invested in my panel. Probably looking to sell in 3ish years to upgrade to an a36 with the growing family. Wondering how hard it would be to pull the Aspen/440/330es combo w/wiring and transplant it to a new plane. The C would be left with at least two nav/coms, a stec AP, EM, etc so it would be pretty average and probably not drop the value of the plane too bad. 

It appears that the majority of the work is in the wiring and configuration of the avionics not the actual mounting.  I would think the swap could be cost effective if the wires were long enough to keep the harness intact.

Thoughts?  Don’t really like the thought of a 3.5k sunk cost upgrade.  

Since the “new” plane has yet to be identified and probably won’t be for several years, it’s panel is completely unknown. You might not want/need anything from your C. At the same time you are interested in the IFD440 but are concerned about over investing in your current panel. So consider just the 440 for now which  can be easily transferred to the future A/C or sold and replaced with another Garmin for the current C. That then gives you three years of usefulness and flexibility. Don’t even think about saving wiring as there will undoubtedly be changes to what is needed for the future A/C. and the cost of removal and installation can easily exceed the cost of the equipment. 

Alternatively keep the 430W and add a 210 for connectivity and IPad integration with Garmin Pilot or Foreflight. Gets you  most of what you might want from the IFD440. 

Edited by Cris
Added 210 thought