Mooney Summit VII Sept 27th-Sept 29th 2019 Panama City Beach, FL.

mike_elliott

THere is a waiting list of 70 Mooney Pilots right now. You are more than welcome to come to the airport day on Friday, but the conference and reception simply wont hold any more, unfortunately. Contacting me privately wont change this, and I would if I could. I am about to sign off Mooney Space for a bit as I have a long drive ahead of me tomorrow morning to get there (8 hrs) and I have to pack up the raffle prizes, etc I have here for the event. I hope to see you on Friday! Make sure you sign up for the waiting list anyway, as that will trigger an email next year prior to opening up the registration to the public, like this year.

• Like 1

Great Job Seth!

There was a tremendous amount of work accomplished by the Summit team....

It appeared to run smoothly without any issues...

That probably wasn’t accidental, or natural...

You were always on the move... yet never showed any stress... :)

It was even great flying back, loosely, with you and Mari.

Thanks for your accomplishments.

Best regards,

-a-

I want to give a shout out to some of the real unsung hero's this year. Rick and Glennie Junkin, who jumped in and did a fantastic job with the silent auctions, follow up with vendors to get raffle items, who secured Jack waters to speak, etc. JoAnn Dubin who made the PROTE happen by finding a forklift at the last moment that would get that thing out of a semi trailer, who took care of getting stuff for our breakfasts, etc. Ron and JoAnn took a week off of work early to make sure we had boots on the ground prior to the mass arrivals. Thanks to Billy Hattaway for being their with AV equipment, making sure the FAAsteam is behind the event, etc.

A big shout out to Seth for being the fireman over the weekend, making sure our spirit of the Summit recipient Dr. Mari "Mars" Metzler was transported from Langley to KECP to present and accept her recognition, Airport day coordination, reaching out to ATC to warn them of the invasion, and execution and taking care of the penthouse. Its the little things that make it work.

The devil is in the details and the work is in the preparation and planning. Execution is simple once it is planned. Official count 120 of the 176 registered and accepted. I have a lot of badges we made up for the no shows I throw away every year, a shame...

If anyone has pics, please send them to me and I will get them posted on our website. If anyone knows a Subject Matter Expert they would like to see at the Summit, please reach out to them and see if they would be interested and let me know so we can consider them now, while we build the plan of work for next year. Its a non paying gig, but well well rewarding as our sponsors, SME's etc have found out.

The real work for next year starts today...look for the weekend of Oct 2-4

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

Finally got to finishing up my post on my attendance at the Mooney Summit. If you haven't been and wonder what the summit is like, here's my perspective and experience. I highly recommend you find a way to get there. I have next years on the calendar, hoping to be able to work things so I can fly ourselves from CA, if not then it will be the aluminum tube again.

Mooney Summit VII

• Like 6

Everyone,

Take a gander at Skate’s / Richard’s blog...

Not just to see my picture...:)

Get a feeling for how fast your O2 level drops to low levels... if you have an O2 system failure...

The Prote is a great system... for training...

Very important personal knowledge to have for flying in the FLs...

Best regards,

-a-

While the PROTE team was enroute to San Diego, we got approval for participation with just a Basic Med - no longer is it limited to FAA Medical. Don D told me a lot of Mooney Summit folks were turned away because they only had a Basic Med.

We put through 191 participants through our PROTE event in San Diego the week before Thanksgiving - thanks to many that came from all over SOCAL and even Las Vegas and Phoenix area.

• Like 3

Those are great numbers Paul!

I got rejected ... 

I just recently went from Class III SI to Basic Med...

We tried to negotiate getting into the Prote at the time... but there was no way around the rules of that day...

Fortunately, I know my symptoms, and don’t fly that high anymore... and use my O2 sensor...

I still had the desire to learn more about how high I could go if going above 12.5k’.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1