Mooney Summit VII Sept 27th-Sept 29th 2019 Panama City Beach, FL.

mike_elliott

On 5/19/2019 at 2:34 AM, Hyett6420 said:

Ah i can tell someone has never been to Oktoberfest in Munich before. :)   American beer is defo NOT beer.  :)  

@bill98 we want pictures. :)   Have a great time and do “try” and not sample all the beers or the maidens. ;)  

I wear my Lederhosen every year for Oktoberfest (and of course Halloween too - makes for a perfect costume every year) :D

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/19/2019 at 8:30 AM, mike_elliott said:

1) Free is good

2) Oktoberfest beer is not free

3) Mooney Summit beer = free

4) Mooney Summit is good

Mike I think I registered before one of my surgeries but not sure, can you check to see if I did

thanks

Dan

your welcome, we dont have an autoresponder to confirm wait list registration other than the message after you sign up thanking you for signing up. IT felt this was good enough. Confirmed attendee's have and will be getting emails with details. Meanwhile, remember, Friday airport day is open to everyone! Look for a link to be posted soon for free PROTE hypoxia training signup! This will be Wed thru Sunday, and will have to be signed up for to schedule time slots (not my rules, but CAMI's)

Thanks

Mike

AND...here is the link to sign up for the PROTE Hypoxia training! If all the slots are full for Airport day, HERE is a link for the Wed, Thurs, Sat and Sun. 

We are offering it to Mooneyspace people before we open it up to the FAA wings program, Beechtalk etc...

Sign up early, but dont sign up often! This is a pet project I have worked on to bring to the Mooney Community for the last 5 years, and it finally is becoming a reality. This should be required training for anyone who flys above 6000 feet!

• Like 5

I’m in!

:)

Will there be any prizes for longest TUC team and individual performances?

Will Mars(?) be with the Prote?  The person that gave a presentation on O2 in the past... Navy or air force aviation Doctor? (Fuzzy memory, sorry)

Best regards,

-a-

Mars will be there doing a aeromedical round table on Friday, and a hypoxia seminar on Sunday. The schedule is on www.Mooneysummit.com  It is better served to keep it there than to answer individual emails etc on who what where when and why, as my bandwidth and sanity will be preserved. CAMI will have a team of FAA doctors there also for training and to discuss chemical enhancements. 

• Like 2

While Friday is all but full for signups for Hypoxia training by the FAA's CAMI team, there are plenty of slots for Wed, Thurs Sat and Sun. Those registered to attend the Summit will be in conference Sat and Sun, but any one else is welcome to sign up for this very valuable training. You can do it HERE

On 8/22/2019 at 12:41 PM, mike_elliott said:

AND...here is the link to sign up for the PROTE Hypoxia training! If all the slots are full for Airport day, HERE is a link for the Wed, Thurs, Sat and Sun. 

We are offering it to Mooneyspace people before we open it up to the FAA wings program, Beechtalk etc...

Sign up early, but dont sign up often! This is a pet project I have worked on to bring to the Mooney Community for the last 5 years, and it finally is becoming a reality. This should be required training for anyone who flys above 6000 feet!

Pattern altitude at my airport is 6500 feet! 

3 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

Pattern altitude at my airport is 6500 feet! 

I once was asked by a gent from Peru at what Alt did we have to have oxygen by regulation, When I told him above 12500 every 30 min, he laughed and said where he was from was higher than that and they played soccer every day.

They obviously didnt have to adhere to the FAA...

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, mike_elliott said:

I once was asked by a gent from Peru at what Alt did we have to have oxygen by regulation, When I told him above 12500 every 30 min, he laughed and said where he was from was higher than that and they played soccer every day.

They obviously didnt have to adhere to the FAA...

I flew into El Alto, Bolivia two years ago... on Latam, riding in the back. The airport sits at 13,325 MSL. I was too far back in the plane to listen for the hissing of air rushing out when they opened the door at the gate ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gsxrpilot said:

I flew into El Alto, Bolivia two years ago... on Latam, riding in the back. The airport sits at 13,325 MSL. I was too far back in the plane to listen for the hissing of air rushing out when they opened the door at the gate ;)

Went there regularly just prior to Y2K with the gold mining company where I worked. Lived in Houston at the time and after a week in La Paz or up at the mine @ 13,500', I could push mow our 5 acres and not break a sweat.

But I still could not understand how someone could smoke a cigarette up there and not pass out....

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Pankey and I were signed up and ready to go even though we had many obstacles in our way this year. Unfortunately one more came up that we can not work around so we have let Mike know we can not make it. 
I know this is very last minute and I hope someone can jump in and take our slot. 

Brian