Anyone from southeast Oklahoma area.

Dblack

I am starting to look at purchasing an airplane. I am very interested in a Mooney but need some info. I  6’3” 210. Wondering how comfortable I would be. Also my dad flys with me and he is 6’3” 230.  Wondering is there is anyone in this area that would mind me sitting in their Mooney to see how I fit. My home airport is 4o4. 

I’m in SE Oklahoma every week at the Antlers airport (80F). You are more than welcome to check out my Mooney. Message me if you want to meet up. I’m 6’2” and 280lbs and I’m pretty comfortable in my plane. I’d be willing to meet you at the Idabel airport. I was flying into 4O4 every week up until about a month ago. 

Edited by ziggysanchez
  • Thanks 1

Welcome aboard Dblack.

I’m pretty sure you are big enough to reach the pedals and yoke at the same time.  :)

Take these guys up on their offer.

A Mooney is going to fit quite nicely.  To find anything significantly larger would be incredibly expensive to operate...

Go Mooney!

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am in Northeast Texas and used to hangar my Mooney in Hugo.  6’3” is no problem even in a C or E as long as you are not too wide.  IF you’re a 300 pounder you may find it cramped.  My C is for sale because I hurt my shoulder and moving to electric gear.  It is at Maxwells right now getting some avionics changes.  I can give you a ride in my new plane in a month or so.  Be happy to show you my C if you want to go to Longview.

Dr. Ellis at Antlers would probably enjoy opening his hangar and show you his beautiful F that he has owned since new.

Edited by MBDiagMan
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ziggysanchez said:

I’m in SE Oklahoma every week at the Antlers airport (80F). You are more than welcome to check out my Mooney. Message me if you want to meet up. I’m 6’2” and 280lbs and I’m pretty comfortable in my plane. I’d be willing to meet you at the Idabel airport. I was flying into 4O4 every week up until about a month ago. 

Awesome. Yea let me know and ill meet you. Thank you. 

4 hours ago, MBDiagMan said:

I am in Northeast Texas and used to hangar my Mooney in Hugo.  6’3” is no problem even in a C or E as long as you are not too wide.  IF you’re a 300 pounder you may find it cramped.  My C is for sale because I hurt my shoulder and moving to electric gear.  It is at Maxwells right now getting some avionics changes.  I can give you a ride in my new plane in a month or so.  Be happy to show you my see if you want to go to Longview.

Dr. Ellis at Antlers would probably enjoy opening his hangar and show you his beautiful F that he has owned since new.

That would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 hour ago, ziggysanchez said:

I’ll be in Antlers tomorrow evening and all day Saturday. Just let me know what works best for you and I’ll try to work around it. My schedule is pretty flexible during the day. After 5pm I have meetings.

I may be able to come over there Saturday. I will private message you and get you my number if that's ok.

• Like 1

I am 6'9"  and fit fine.   There is a seat rail mod that can be done to drill more holes in the seat rail that will let the seat go back another 3" if you drill 2 holes.   I can fly from original last hole if need be.