Stratus 2S *SOLD*

At $599, this is still cheaper than a brand new Stratus 3 which is currently advertised for $699 and a list price of $899 and essentially does the exact same thing. Only features this does not have that the 3 does is Auto shut off and the ability to pair with other apps instead of just ForeFlight. 

20 hours ago, Davarron said:

At $599, this is still cheaper than a brand new Stratus 3 which is currently advertised for $699 and a list price of $899 and essentially does the exact same thing. Only features this does not have that the 3 does is Auto shut off and the ability to pair with other apps instead of just ForeFlight. 

And a CO and a not old lithium battery.  

22 hours ago, Davarron said:

The Stratus 3 does not have CO detection. 

You're right that's the Sentry, and that is available for $500 new.  You're asking $600 for a used item, with an aging lithium battery and a lesser feature set.  This isn't meant as an attack, it's just the market for these devices has shifted a lot

If someone wants a Stratus, they should compare it to a Stratus.  If you think the Sentry is great, this for sale thread really isn't the place for it.

I'm sure Sporty's is aware of the Sentry and the Stratus is still more expensive.  Maybe that's because it works better.  Maybe it's because its a premium product.  Or maybe Sporty's is just foolish.  Its tough to tell at this point.

This new Sentry reminds me a lot of when the Scout came out last year and people thought it would make the Stratus less desirable.  Until the Scout's basically started melting down from overheating and falling off windows and weren't so useful.

Maybe the the Sentry will be great.  Maybe it won't.  The Stratus is a known quantity and that's what is being offered here.

Good luck with sale.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, druidjaidan said:

You're right that's the Sentry, and that is available for $500 new.  You're asking $600 for a used item, with an aging lithium battery and a lesser feature set.  This isn't meant as an attack, it's just the market for these devices has shifted a lot

Please just let him list his item in peace. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MIm20c said:

Any chance you could make your own thread about the pricing structure of portable adsb devices?  This isn’t meant as an attack, it’s just the difficulty of selling things on this forum is hard enough without any additional input. 

It's really hard to sell things when you overprice them no matter the venue.  It was meant as friendly advice "hey you probably can't get that much the recent devices".  Jeez this community comes off pretty harsh.

Just now, druidjaidan said:

It's really hard to sell things when you overprice them no matter the venue.  It was meant as friendly advice "hey you probably can't get that much the recent devices".  Jeez this community comes off pretty harsh.

You were quick on the quote before I rethought my response, but that’s ok.  Having sold a lot of high value items over the years I find friendly advice in the FS thread is not always appreciated.  

I’ve said it before. You give $1M to a number of guys on this site and they would complain about paying taxes on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Let the market determine what the value of a product is. If someone buys a Stratus for $800 then that is the current market value. If no one buys it and then I drop the price to $500 and someone buys it, then it'll let me know that the current value is $500. Personally I feel that $599 is still a very fair price for this device. It has been cared for very anally like all my devices and toys are, so whoever gets it will get a very nice unit. If you don't have an offer or something constructive to say, please refrain from commenting, just as in everyday conversation. It just makes life more tolerable.