PC not disengaging

Has anyone experienced a PC that won't disengage? My 1965 M20C has the basic wing leveler, but it has the electric solenoid (and yoke button) to disengage the PC. The wing leveler works great, but pushing the yoke button doesn't disengage. Not a major problem, but a bit annoying.

The yoke button has been checked and works perfectly. My A&P has also checked the solenoid and reported that it works (the yoke switch causes it to open/close). I'm out of ideas as to what could be causing it to stay on?

i have a 67 F model and i am having a similar problem and was just reading in maintenance manual that you should test the Pilot Valve Operation ( cut-off valve) and replace if it is not shutting off completely. i have a suspicion this is the problem with mine, the main push/pull switch for the wing leveler does not disengage it nor does the shut off valve on the control yoke.

do you have any idea the cost of a new pilot valve or the maintenance required to replace it

On 7/11/2018 at 6:00 PM, mbiggs said:

Has anyone experienced a PC that won't disengage? My 1965 M20C has the basic wing leveler, but it has the electric solenoid (and yoke button) to disengage the PC. The wing leveler works great, but pushing the yoke button doesn't disengage. Not a major problem, but a bit annoying.

The yoke button has been checked and works perfectly. My A&P has also checked the solenoid and reported that it works (the yoke switch causes it to open/close). I'm out of ideas as to what could be causing it to stay on?

If yours has a solenoid it differs from mine.