Mooneyspace Gathering at Oshkosh

Hey all - I know there's been talk about Mooney Caravan gatherings and MAPA things...  but are we going to have an actual MS gathering at Oshkosh?  Byron and I are coming up later in the week (Wed through Sun) and a lot of the ofifical gatherings are over by then, but we'd love to see / visit / share a beer.  I'll post our parking spot in the N40 on this list.  If nothing else, bring a beer by and hang for the night.  If anyone's interested we could do a Friar Tuck's dinner one of the nights?

Just now, Becca said:

Hey all - I know there's been talk about Mooney Caravan gatherings and MAPA things...  but are we going to have an actual MS gathering at Oshkosh?  Byron and I are coming up later in the week (Wed through Sun) and a lot of the ofifical gatherings are over by then, but we'd love to see / visit / share a beer.  I'll post our parking spot in the N40 on this list.  If nothing else, bring a beer by and hang for the night.  If anyone's interested we could do a Friar Tuck's dinner one of the nights?

I totally missed that there IS A MOONEYSPACE SOCIAL: 

I clearly just missed the thread.  Anyway, if someone would like to have a smaller, later in the week get together for late arrivals like us that would be fun :)

I

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all - for those late arrivals like us, let’s go to friar tucks on Friday night, 6 pm.

pm me with your phone number if interested.

we are parked in N40, row 537, third plane in from runway.

Edited by Becca

On 7/26/2018 at 10:41 AM, Becca said:

Hey all - for those late arrivals like us, let’s go to friar tucks on Friday night, 6 pm.

Pm sent

Unfortunately, I’m not there, but I was watching AOPA Live. There is a segment where a couple of warbirds are on the arrival. They are told they’re following a flight of 60! Mooney’s. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jackn said:

Unfortunately, I’m not there, but I was watching AOPA Live. There is a segment where a couple of warbirds are on the arrival. They are told they’re following a flight of 60! Mooney’s. 

I was leading Tango element in the Caravan arrival. We saw Doc, the B29 coming up on our right side. He called OSH tower and said he was straight in for 36L. The tower asked who it was and he said "Doc! we're the B29". The tower told him he would have to hold over the airfield as he was scheduled number two, behind 61 Mooney's. He acknowledged and we saw him climb above our flight and enter a hold over the airport.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2018 at 10:41 AM, Becca said:

@Becca and @jetdriven - it was great to meet you both and put names to faces to avatars. Have a good time and safe flight home.  Thanks for suggesting this, Becca!

8 hours ago, Andy95W said:

@Becca and @jetdriven - it was great to meet you both and put names to faces to avatars. Have a good time and safe flight home.  Thanks for suggesting this, Becca!

Ditto and great to meet You all in person! Thanks for setting this up @Becca @jetdriven   

Very much looking fwd to next year. 

On 7/27/2018 at 5:30 PM, gsxrpilot said:

I was leading Tango element in the Caravan arrival. We saw Doc, the B29 coming up on our right side. He called OSH tower and said he was straight in for 36L. The tower asked who it was and he said "Doc! we're the B29". The tower told him he would have to hold over the airfield as he was scheduled number two, behind 61 Mooney's. He acknowledged and we saw him climb above our flight and enter a hold over the airport.

If the B29 carried full possible fuel he may have weighed almost as much as 61 Mooneys. Seriously.

(Empty weight 74520 lbs, highest possible fuel capacity 9483 gallons @ 6lbs per gallon = 56898 lbs, 20 people on board = 3600 lbs., baggage (20 lbs per person) = 400 lbs. = 135418 lbs.

135418 divided by 61 Mooneys = 2220 lbs/ Mooney.

Ok, counting fuel and passengers, the Mooneys weighed a little more, but not much.

• Like 1