Thought I'd check in

It started out all good back in January.  A simple fuel leak repair and an update to a radio stack.  Well seven months later new bladders, windshield, radios, antennas, hinges, you name it, a battle with the FSDO, a renegade AP who did a number on my plane,  I think in a few weeks N3510X will fly again.   Owning this gem has been such a treat.   However I would like to take a moment to thank @Aerodon He has been super awesome to work with and has helped me tremendously in getting my radio stack up to speed.  Super nice guy and goes the extra mile to explain the systems in detail.   Also I will have to include Griggs Aircraft they have been great to deal with in getting new bladders after they were damaged during the re-install.   No details will be shared on that debacle but it was caused by others that had no business dealing with bladders.  As for the rest lets just say careful who you trust to do your work.  I hope to be flying soon.  I'll post again after the test flights:D

• Like 4

Hi Dream', glad you are seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. I just got my F back out of a 5 month-ish penalty box .... well sorta... I'm AOG due to a starter, but it is on the way. Anyway I can relate to the saga, expense and frustration. Flying it is really a lot of fun when it is done though! Looking forward to an update from you

Having gone through something similar recently I fully understand your excitement and can not wait to get back to flying my plane again hopefully this weekend, I wish you the best in getting things sorted with yours and quickly.

Have you been able to fly "something" while your plane was in work?
Something to keep your flying skills from corroding?
I haven't.... However I have scheduled an instructor to fly with me when I get it back for a few hours.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dream to fly said:

a renegade AP who did a number on my plane, 

I feel your pain....going through this now....he has caused my plane to be down for weeks now......no idea when it will be up and running 100%.....

1 hour ago, HRM said:

Yeah, renegade A&P bad, renegade IA good :lol:

When I was buying my airplane the annual inspection was in progress.   I first went to see it when the IA first had it apart, which was great because I could inspect everything, etc.   It was good enough for what I was looking for and I was interested but the annual dragged on for another four months.

At least I wasn't paying for it, but that was annoying.