pics of bent m20a

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:27 PM, Cruiser said:

Doesn't look so bad

I little Elmer's glue and some sand paper, she'll be good as new ;) :o

What a shame 

As long as the spars aren't damaged it really could be that easy.  Even easier if no ribs need repair or replacing. My opinion is scarfing joints with plywood is easier than working with metal.  If you can get it back cheap enough then I would say do it. Hire a cabinet maker and he can make that wing better than new. 

3 hours ago, carusoam said:

@autoalain

I looked up the M20A parts for sale...

in case there is an opportunity for two to become one flyable bird...

Best regards,

-a-

That Mooney is 100’ feet from my shop.  I don’t recall seeing wings but can find out.

Clarence

Thanks for comments,  what really pisses me off is the error in winds forecast,  at 7am when I checked the weather   was  6 klms from the SW, forecast for the 

next 6 hours  was 8 klm again from the SW.    well coming in on final i was surprised to have 25 klms from the north, direct x wind,  should I have 

gone somewhere else, yes, pilot error, yes.  wind shear yes,  ashamed,  yes.  after 500 hours on her I still made some bad decisions.  Mike.

1 hour ago, autoalain said:

Thanks for comments,  what really pisses me off is the error in winds forecast,  at 7am when I checked the weather   was  6 klms from the SW, forecast for the 

next 6 hours  was 8 klm again from the SW.    well coming in on final i was surprised to have 25 klms from the north, direct x wind,  should I have 

gone somewhere else, yes, pilot error, yes.  wind shear yes,  ashamed,  yes.  after 500 hours on her I still made some bad decisions.  Mike.

Shit happens.  Important thing is you walked away.  Go airplane shopping, get another Mooney.

From the pictures that wing looks repairable.  The plywood on the wing walk area was to thin from the factory and has a tendency to become weak over time.  This is a chance to strengthen the wing walk area with thicker plywood.  I hope you can get it back from the insurance company at a great price.  It would be a shame not to see it airworthy again.

• Like 1