*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

1 hour ago, DualRatedFlyer said:

Same way, its just a matter of switching belt buckles along with seats.  I.E: remove both seats, swap belt buckles between the seats, reinstall passenger seat into pilot position, reinstall pilot seat into passenger position, the seat-belt configuration now remains the same as prior to the seat swap -- or at least it was in my case. 

I'm pretty sure that's what @N201MKTurbo meant when he said, "The only problem is you have to swap the seat belts. Not a huge deal, but a bit of a PITA."

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mooniac15u said:

I'm pretty sure that's what @N201MKTurbo meant when he said, "The only problem is you have to swap the seat belts. Not a huge deal, but a bit of a PITA."

Indeed @N201MKTurbo did, and he is correct, but my response was not to him, but to your @mooniac15u statement that it was not possible if you have shoulder harnesses. 

I was merely trying to clarify it is possible, at least in my 74 model F, and it should be possible in a J - to the best of my knowledge. I was hoping if there was some other reason why it was not possible you could share that knowledge. 

13 hours ago, DualRatedFlyer said:

Indeed @N201MKTurbo did, and he is correct, but my response was not to him, but to your @mooniac15u statement that it was not possible if you have shoulder harnesses. 

I was merely trying to clarify it is possible, at least in my 74 model F, and it should be possible in a J - to the best of my knowledge. I was hoping if there was some other reason why it was not possible you could share that knowledge. 

I didn't say it wasn't possible. I was replying to Hank's comment that he swapped seats without swapping belts. I said the shoulder harnesses wouldn't work. My comment was only in that context. @N201MKTurbo had already noted that you need to swap belts and that was the context for Hank's comment. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mooniac15u said:

I didn't say it wasn't possible. I was replying to Hank's comment that he swapped seats without swapping belts. I said the shoulder harnesses wouldn't work. My comment was only in that context. @N201MKTurbo had already noted that you need to swap belts and that was the context for Hank's comment. 

Now that makes more sense. Was sitting here trying to think my hardest if my lapbelt was reversed in some way. 

19 hours ago, Hank said:

I didn't swap mine, they continue to work just fine.

The PITA was moving stuff in the seat back pockets, so I could reach the manuals in flight. 

I swapped the seats when I installed the new rollers, but did not swap the seat belts. The buckles are bassakwards and it kinda feels weird, but they work just fine. I'm definitely not gonna pull the seats out or try to swap the buckles while on the rails, but I'll swap them this winter at annual. 

I swapped the seats when I installed the new rollers, but did not swap the seat belts. The buckles are bassakwards and it kinda feels weird, but they work just fine. I'm definitely not gonna pull the seats out or try to swap the buckles while on the rails, but I'll swap them this winter at annual. 

Does this mean you don't have shoulder harnesses on the front seats? As mentioned, shoulder harnesses won't connect correctly without swapping the seat belts so that the buckle is on the center side.
Just concerned about your safety, if you don't have the shoulder harnesses your life, and your pax, are worth much more than their small cost!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

No shoulder harness, just lap belts. If there had been a shoulder harness they obviously would have to be set to work correctly. 

It just feels strange because the muscle memory for 10 years had the female end of the buckle on the left side in the pilot seat, now it's on the right side. 

To get us back on track..... this is what my worst roller looked like. It had been sliding on the rail and rubbing against the carpet as you can see that in the photo. The new ones roll perfectly. I think the carpet was out of adjustment and what caused my problem because the roller was otherwise fine and no real flat spot.

Oh, and take s little time and the right size drill bit in your fingers and shop vac get the debris out of the seat rail. 

IMG_0687.PNG

3 hours ago, Bartman said:

No shoulder harness, just lap belts. If there had been a shoulder harness they obviously would have to be set to work correctly. 

I had an interesting interaction with a NTSB person while in the Jetway boarding a SW Air plane.   I saw his shirt and struck up a conversation.   When He figured out that I was pilot and owned a Mooney, his next question was.  "Do you have shoulder harnesses installed?"  I assured him that was the first thing I did when I bought the plane.

• Like 2