New ride

After 4 months of work we finally got the new ride out for its first run with the new engine and prop and a ton of other work.  My buddy and I bought it for family to take up flying lessons.

Clarence

CC826723-B282-4C26-B9BA-DB59BD5BD561.jpeg

Is that an exact 12:00 noon photo shoot, Clarence?

The perfect shadow from overhead is kind of unusual most days.

I hope you get to post some pics of family, lessons, and their progress! :)

Wishing Good luck to all that fly that fine ship.

Best regards,

-a-

1 hour ago, carusoam said:

Is that an exact 12:00 noon photo shoot, Clarence?

The perfect shadow from overhead is kind of unusual most days.

I hope you get to post some pics of family, lessons, and their progress! :)

Wishing Good luck to all that fly that fine ship.

Best regards,

-a-

The picture was a bit later in the afternoon.  A few small items to address this week, hoping to test fly and break in the new engine next weekend.

Clarence

14 hours ago, kmyfm20s said:

I tried to fit in one once. When I got in one it reminded me of sitting in the small chairs at the small desk at my kids elementary school. 

When I was a kid in elementary school I did not fit in those desks.  Nor Jr. High. Nor High school.

To me there is something special about my initial training and first ever solo that was in a C152 II. I can still recall the rego (VH-MRC) and it Is still flying today. After achieving my licence 36 years ago, I did not fly a C152 again.

A great initial training aircraft.

Yeah I like the 150 and 152s they are sweet little planes.  Many years ago thought about buy one to have my own plane, but ended up waiting many years to get a Mooney. :)

Now you want small for training try an R-22 helicopter. they are tiny.  Had a similar issue for my check ride in the R-22 the DPE was a big guy we did the check ride in 2 parts (30min flights) so I could keep the fuel load low enough to make the W&B work out.:)  

Started with about 12 gallons of fuel on board.  I don't think I'd go around the pattern in my Mooney with only 12 gallons on board.

• Like 1

Yes, my first airplane was a humble Cessna 150.  When I was done with it (I won a Cherokee!) I sold it to a fellow who promptly moved it to Oregon. The little fellow is now in Murfreesboro Tennessee.  Damn slowpoke airplane gets around better than I do.

image.thumb.png.192faa3cfb3ba37f942411ba7ad3f61f.png

• Like 2

I trained in a 150 (N76CA) back in the 70s.  It will be a miracle if that plane is still flying after my "crash and dash" touch and go landing technique.  The school where I trained didn't believe in headsets so I'm guessing the CFIs (and the students) are all going deaf at this point.

• Haha 1

150’s & 152’s are like Infantry Basic Training.  The job gets done, but it is miserable.  You people that look back fondly on these slow/cramps/sketchily maintained underpowered little P.O.S’s...I shake my head and giggle in your general direction.  Just not something to be nostalgic about.  They got the job done...barely.  They didn’t kill me.  Zero desire to ever “go up in one” again.

#movin’up.

8 hours ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

I'm 6'4" but thin and made it work, but that was probably pushing the Cessna 150/152 envelope height wise.  More critical for me were it's useful load limitations. Even at my weight it was hard to stay under gross with full fuel and a CFI on board.  To this day I remember my DPE, a heavier guy, pretty obviously lying to me about his weight, almost in tacit recognition of the Cessna 150's useful load limitations. It was far from his first rodeo. 

That sounds like good times.  I slept in the perimeter with a line of duty eye injury (collided with a spruce branch in darkness and punctured my Scalia and scratched my cornea). Did a movement to contact and settled in for the night after the attack.  Op-4 were harassing all night.  Good times.  Like flying with a fat guy in a 150...on a hot day.  Memories...

I sure hope that my daughter will have fond memories of flying in our 150.  I hope that she’ll be able transition her to the RV4 then the 400 after getting her license.

Clarence

1 hour ago, M20Doc said:

I sure hope that my daughter will have fond memories of flying in our 150.  I hope that she’ll be able transition her to the RV4 then the 400 after getting her license.

Clarence

I think it is awesome you did that!