Oshkosh Schedule for MooneyGirls, MooneyMAX etc

mooneygirl

Can't believe that I am already organizing and packing for my annual trip to OSH.  I put together a schedule and thought it might be helpful to post. 

A couple of requests:  1) If you are going to be at OSH on Saturday morning and you would be willing to announce as the Mooney Caravan arrives [approx noon] please let me know.  I can get you up on the announcer's stand and you will have a bird's eye view of the over 60 Mooneys landing in formation. 

2) If you or your plus one, or your totally awesome teenagers are able to help in the Mooney Ambassadors/Girls booth in Hangar D please let me know.  OTJ training provided and you will get some cool swag for the help. We will be in hangar D, which is the big hangar across from Mooney International. 

777339219_ScreenShot2018-07-08at4_37_15PM.thumb.png.764d4a01c20836bd5c939abeef792dd4.png

• Like 3

Just now, Bob_Belville said:

@mooneygirl, Jolie, the Mooniac Dinner on Sunday night? Open to all? Reservations? 

The Monday night dinner is open to Caravan participants ONLY.  Each Caravan participant would register with their lead, I believe. I know that reservation spots are getting tight.

Hello fellow MSers, please permit me to clarify any confusion. 

The Mooney Caravan Education and Safety Foundation is a Wisconsin nonprofit, public benefit entity.  It sponsors or hosts several "open" events at AirVenture (in addition to numerous regional events) that are open, at which any Mooniac is welcome: 

>> Mooney Owners Forum (Tuesday 24 July @1000, Forum 8) 

>> Annual BBQ, (Tuesday 24 July @1700, North 40 Mooney HQ - requires tickets - walk-ups are STRONGLY discouraged - hard enough feeding 250 people who register, please plan in advance so everyone else who did gets food too)

>> MooneySpace Social (Monday 23 July@1830, North 40 Mooney HQ - Yves is coordinating on MS, I am sure he will also appreciate advance notice - looks like 90+ so far!!  - Nice work!)

>> Morning Stretch and Walk (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday@0630, North 40 Mooney HQ) 

>> Our Annual Meeting (also posted on the website)

>> Any Mooniac is always welcome to come by the Mooney North 40 HQ tent any time to meet other Mooniacs, charge your phone, get out of the sun, put your feet up, or just say hi!

We also have several events that are only open to pilots/crew flying in the Caravan:

>> Participation in the flight (and pre- and post-flight briefings) .. although anyone can watch the mass arrival (if you do, please post pics/videos!)

>> Sunday evening Henry's Acey Ducey's dinner - this is our annual Caravan dinner, replacing the previous Pedro's event in Madison, and is a closed event

>> Breakfasts for our Caravan campers provided by Caravan sponsors

We have almost 70 aircraft and crews this year, which means a lot of moving parts.  Every one is a volunteer.  Many people work hard all year to plan, organize, promote, and execute these events.  That they are fun is why they've grown over the years.  Please come to the ones that are open.  Please also join us at regional Caravan events near you, or sign up for next year's Caravan and partake.  Please understand that we cannot accommodate "walk-ups" or folks who haven't registered at the few planned, closed events...so register and join us next year! 

We will try to more clearly identify "closed" events on the website, www.mooneycaravan.com.  Please check in periodically or join the email group list for updates at the bottom of the page - http://www.mooneycaravan.com/home - where it says "join the Mooney Caravan Forum"

See you in OSH!

Larry "Joker" Brennan, "lame duck" President (until the BBQ...)

• Like 3

Hello to those heading to OSH, if you can help in the Mooney Girls/ Mooney Ambassadors booth please let me know. Happy to provide swag and training. Here are the particular times I need filled: Tuesday morning 9:30-11 -media interview
Wednesday 12-2:30- media interview
Thursday 9-12:30 Lightspeed
Saturday 10-1 AOPA

We are Hangar D, space 4004. Thank you!

IMG_4077.thumb.JPG.6328f24d64f11ecb56b90a03e47c119b.JPG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steingar said:

I would happily offer, but I suspect I have too little hair on top, too much below and way too much Y chromosome.  Good luck and we'll see you at the show.

Well since it is a shared Mooney Ambassador/Mooney Girls booth you would still qualify

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Today is the day for Exiting the Hold: Reaching your aviation goals at #OSH18. I will be presenting at AOPA at 11:00. Come enjoy learning the six principles for getting unstuck in life AND a chance to win an IFR course from King Schools.  Mooney International is having an event tonight for the Night Air Show.  We are in Hangar D, aisle D, down at the end of the row.  Last day for us, come say howdy.
IMG_E5740.thumb.JPG.cbb2d847918d35c5cf2cc280fb1ef968.JPG

Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 6.54.05 AM.png

• 3 months later...