Mooney M20F Spinner

Hello everyone,

I am new to the aviation community, mooney space and recently purchased a 1975 Mooney M20F. I am in need of a new spinner and was wondering if anyone could help me with a part number or how to go about getting a used one. The plane has a Hartzell HC-C2YK-1BF 2-blade prop on it. My check ride for my PPL is next week and any help would be very appreciated.

• Like 1

The local A&P says its ok for now and I'm not feeling any vibration but I would like to have it replaced prior to the check ride. I just had an eddy current done on the prop hub and they recommended the same. A couple people have contacted me with used spinners so thankfully they are willing to overnight them!

Edited by GRM321
  • Like 1

I'm in the same boat. I have a 1976 M20F with a Hartzell 2 blade constant speed prop and need a new spinner. The one on there is composite and has cracked. I need to buy an alloy one.

I purchased a 2 blade M20J 201 polished alloy spinner with bulkhead and cannot use it as it is for a McCauley prop. I will be selling that one if anybody is interested?

Once GRM321 is sorted, if anyone can contact me with what they have for the F, that would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Sime

Make sure the dome fits very tightly against the hub. 

If you need the 201 spinner, do not get a used one. Call LASAR and spend the $2000 it costs for a new one with the new design. They have better prices than anyone on it and it will save you in the long run. 

21 hours ago, GRM321 said:

Hello everyone,

I am new to the aviation community, mooney space and recently purchased a 1975 Mooney M20F. I am in need of a new spinner and was wondering if anyone could help me with a part number or how to go about getting a used one. The plane has a Hartzell HC-C2YK-1BF 2-blade prop on it. My check ride for my PPL is next week and any help would be very appreciated.

Welcome aboard GRM321! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just listed a 201 style spinner on ebay. I also am going to list the original polished spinner from my C model with Hartzell prop. Just got the new top prop with spinner so I have two good condition polished spinners for sale with yellow tags. Let me know if you still need one before I list it tonight. Thanks, Brent