Working in the tail

I may have to replace some wiring & such in the back half of the plane.  Any tips for working inside the tail?  I already know I cannot reach the items very well just leaning in through the battery opening.  I was thinking a table pushed up next to the opening might help some.

Edited by markejackson02
grammar

my reach has been described as a "boarding house reach"  I could reach as far as I needed.   You can start with working blind through the access ports on the tail.  Using coat hangers and such with the wires taped to them.   Feed the coat hanger forward through the proper places.   12/14 guage home wiring (soild core conductor)  Can also be used and  fed from the front or rear, Then tape your wires to it and pull them through. 

I use those glow in the dark wire fishing poles from the aviation aile to reach far off places. 

There’s a video of wrinkly pants crawling all the way back there.  Just watch your weight on the skin and tubes  and your weight and balance.  The furtherst I’ve personally ventured is to contort myself to put partial weight on the avionics shelf to reach the antenna hole. 

3 hours ago, markejackson02 said:

I need to remove the coax connection to the antenna and clean it.  It's kind of green.  If that doesn't work, may have to remove the antenna, clean, and reinstall it.

There is a round access port for that.