Will I need any Transition Training?

MBDiagMan

7 hours ago, carusoam said:

An hour or two with DMax!

That is bucket list worthy.

Just the conversation is worthy without even flying...

OK, last conversation I had with DMax was really interesting... we were reviewing the results of the PPI of my O...

Lots o detail. Be ready to take some notes if able...

Best regards,

-a-

Yep, just sitting and talking with him is an education.  I mostly only open my mouth to ask a question.

• Like 2

Don made a comment in the course of conversation, and not in a bragging way at all, that all Mooney wants to do now is sell new airplanes, with no interest in supporting the old ones.  Again, not in a bragidocius form, but said that they call him for information about the old ones.  Hmmm..... I wonder why?

He may very well know more about Mooney’s than anyone on Earth, and he may be the best at repairing, maintaining and restoring them, but he is something beyond that.  He is just an easy going, easy to talk to, trustworthy guy.  Hard to imagine how anyone could not like him.  In rural Texas, we call our friends that are down the road five or ten miles our neighbors.  He is about 50 miles from here, but definitely the good neighbor kind of East Texas guy.  Around here someone like him is commonly called a “Good ol’ Boy.”  In Texas parlance that is a complement.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MBDiagMan said:

Don made a comment in the course of conversation, and not in a bragging way at all, that all Mooney wants to do now is sell new airplanes, with no interest in supporting the old ones

Very odd.. Parts availability has been better than before they shut the factory down, Mooney International supports groups like The Mooney Caravan, the Mooney Summit etc. Stacy Ellis works there and is one of Don's go to guys when he needs info. Perhaps yes, they focus on selling new airplanes, as well, that keeps the lights on for them, but Mooney also has been very responsive to individuals and MSC's when they have a need from what I have observed. Granted, when they lost Bill Wheat, they lost a lot of valuable knowledge of the way things were back in the day, and they now have processes in place to insure their ongoing success that must be adhered to that some might be resistant to, and they cannot figure out how to bring back the J for under 100K yet, but the demographic of the airplane buying customer has changed, and they are adapting to it.

Just now, MBDiagMan said:

That’s outstanding Mike.

i expect that Don just sees it from a different perspective, and such viewpoints can be relative.  My repeating what he said was probably a poor paraphrase of what he actually said.

Yea, and I can hear Don saying something to that effect after he may have been shot down on having someone yank a part off a plane in production to get him going :)

Well and I expect that there are few if any people at the factory with a 40 year span of Being immersed in everything Mooney, so I expect that he does have unique knowledge that is useful to the factory from time to time. I expect that there are a few other folks in the world that get similar calls.

Edited by MBDiagMan
  • Like 2