2006 ovation WAAS Adsb cost?

Double check on this...  It once was in the $20K range. But according to a few sources, it's been discontinued and isn't available anymore. 

I suggest checking with Don Maxwell, SWTA, or another MSP that's done them to be sure.

This was in an email from Don.

I called Mooney last week to order a WAAS upgrade for a G1000.  I had heard some rumblings about Garmin discontinuing the GIA63W that is need for the upgrade. It is official, Garmin no longer will manufacturer the GIA63W and the GIA63 is not upgradable to WAAS. This will affect Mooney, Cessna and Beech aircraft. There are about 200 Mooney’s that have not been upgraded to WAAS. I have run all my traps and have found enough components to do 5 upgrades. If you are considering WAAS, time is short. Call if we can help.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, skyking1 said:

Can anyone give a good estimate of the cost of WAAS and adsb in a 2006 g1000 ovation?

just out of curiosity but why sell the eagle and get an ovation GX. with a difference in price of about 80 to 100 amu, you could put a decent g500 txi with eis, a gtn 750, have some nice paint, and a nice interior, with the added benefit of a useful load that the ovation will never even touch. 

Don had enough parts to do 5 upgrades, and I know he has done 2 at least of these. He told me 25.7 AMU's to do the WAAS upgrade. ADSB additional. He must not like me as much as DanB :) , but then again, he knew I was asking for a client,  not myself. And if the ovation you are looking at is 914BC, it is a sweetheart!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Niko182 said:

just out of curiosity but why sell the eagle and get an ovation GX. with a difference in price of about 80 to 100 amu, you could put a decent g500 txi with eis, a gtn 750, have some nice paint, and a nice interior, with the added benefit of a useful load that the ovation will never even touch. 

I have to agree.  The best value in the Ovation market today is the niche filled by the 1995 through 2004 Ovation platforms.  The large majority of these models have low to moderate time on them, have been well-maintained, and many of their panels are stock, or close to stock.  They really are blank canvasses in a lot of ways, and although many will require panel and engine work, they really are great values if you're in the market for such an aircraft.

And once converted, they look really cool at night...  :-)

IMG_1028.JPG

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Niko182 said:

Thanks I have the eagle all set with a GTN 750 and a 330es. A friend has the 2006 ovation with the g1000 trying to get WAAS 

13 hours ago, skyking1 said:

Thanks I have the eagle all set with a GTN 750 and a 330es. A friend has the 2006 ovation with the g1000 trying to get WAAS 

He should contact DMAX to see if he has any kits left.

This will be one of those "you snooze you lose" deals. As an example, the previous owner of my airplane never did the Bravo conversion to the engine even though it was extremely reasonable when Lycoming and Mooney announced it ($5500 including 6 new cylinders and a 40 hour labor allowance). Trying to put all the parts together to do it many years later was a challenge. I finally sourced all of the parts but it was at least 5 times more than if he had done it originally. With avionics I think it will be even more challenging.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2018 at 1:34 AM, Niko182 said:

Really the only reason to prefer the G1000 platform would be the GFC700 ap, and that edge will wane with the new retrofit Garmin ap. Even the old G500 units have something like twice the pixel density as a G1000. 

4 hours ago, exM20K said:

Really the only reason to prefer the G1000 platform would be the GFC700 ap, and that edge will wane with the new retrofit Garmin ap. Even the old G500 units have something like twice the pixel density as a G1000. 

I believe the new g500s are 4k screen and from what i heard, it makes the gtn750 look bad. Also, hopefully the gfc600 will literally be an "STCable" version of the gfc700. I hope it gets an stc for some of the long body mooneys. 

Edited by Niko182