Mooneys vs the others

So my wife and I were enjoying our morning coffee and she was looking at Mooneys on her phone and she commented that it seems when we see other brands on the ramps they never have anything other than what looks like stock paint and no mods. And looking at the Mooneys there is a lot of mods and interesting paint schemes. Since I don't visit other brand web sites was just wondering if they have the same kind of passion as us Mooney owners. What do you unbiased folks think about this.

• Haha 1

If you look around you see all kinds of crazy paint schemes on everything:  Cessnas, Pipers, whatever.   Some of them make you wonder what they were thinking, but...

Wingswap had this on their FB page a little while back:

Image may contain: airplane

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bob - S50 said:

I'm thinking Bonanza drivers are just as rabid as we are.

I've been on both sides of that fence and yes, they're both nuts about their aircraft....

Personally, anything that has wings and fly's is beautiful in my eyes.  :D:wub:

Brian

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Kmac said:

Well...my experience is different.  Here is a pic of the Cessna I used to drive...can you tell me all of the mods?

photo.JPG

Tail wheel conversion, 152 engine cowls, guessing a 150 Lycoming and Sensenich propeller, upper and lower wing strut fairings.

Clarence

Edited by M20Doc

20 minutes ago, M20Doc said:

Tail wheel conversion, 152 engine cowls, guessing a 150 Lycoming and Sensenich propeller, upper and lower wing strut fairings.

Clarence

Not bad @M20Doc ...'62 C-150 w/ 140 gear, 152 cowl, sparrowhawked O-235 125hp, sensenich prop, flap gap seals and strut fairings.

Again...just speaking for my experiences.  Hopefully a worthy addition to @bonal's thread.

• Like 1

The more updated the plane....

These are signs of a forever-plane....

One that will be kept forever...

Even if you owned the paint shop, the chance of painting something just for the heck of it, is pretty small.

Most Mooneys make great Forever-planes...

A nice paint scheme for a Forever-plane may have some cues from the original paint, with some curves or fancy colors added...or sparkles or color shift....

PP thoughts only.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Most Mooneys make great Forever-planes...

A nice paint scheme for a Forever-plane may have some cues from the original paint, with some curves or fancy colors added...or sparkles or color shift....

Something like this? :rolleyes:

629-1.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, CaptainAB said:

If I had to guess I’d guess the cessna 182 has more aftermarket mods then any other GA aircraft. Speed mods, STOL mods, gear mods, seat mods ,cargo mods, engine mods, float kits, etc

Any mods which would make it go fast?

• Haha 2