65 M20C 25K

Alan Fox

2000 SMOH , 4200 TT   Has damage history in 1967 , never geared up , Paint is about a 7.0  , Interior is an 8.5 , Does not smell from fuel , Newer interior , fresh glass , Runs very well , It has history of sitting , but makes plenty of power , and makes no metal.... Looks great on the ramp...Prop is subject to ECI inspections ……. Has some very MINOR paint bubbles , Cage and sheet are corrosion free , very clean , and have been treated with ACF , PC and Step both work , Gear isolators have 2011 cure date.....last few annuals were extensive... minor rash on left aileron...

m20ccarp1.jpg

m20ccarp.jpg

m20cintlt.jpg

m20cintrr.jpg

m20cleft.jpg

m20cltrr.jpg

m20cpanellt.jpg

m20crt.jpg

m20crtft.jpg

m20crtrr.jpg

m20ctail.jpg

Edited by Alan Fox
Times change

56 minutes ago, steingar said:

That looks like a nice ship. Yeah, it needs and engine, but once it gets one you’ve a Mooney with a new engine. I’d be interested if I didn’t already have one.

The beauty of it is (and the reality) the next owner will probably put another 500 to 600 hours on it ,  Which in years , is probably ten years...

For all the guys posting on this forum about trying to get a Mooney cheap by buying a ramp queen, hangar queen, sitting on flats with unrepaired gearup damage, etc. this is the plane to buy. 

You're taking a flyer on any vintage airplane, but I'd buy this one and roll the dice on the engine running another 500 hours before I'd dig into one of those others with "only 500 SMOH" in a dusty old log book.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

For all the guys posting on this forum about trying to get a Mooney cheap by buying a ramp queen, hangar queen, sitting on flats with unrepaired gearup damage, etc. this is the plane to buy. 

You're taking a flyer on any vintage airplane, but I'd buy this one and roll the dice on the engine running another 500 hours before I'd dig into one of those others with "only 500 SMOH" in a dusty old log book.

If I had a spare 25k rolling around, I’d seriously buy this plane just to have a “beater” to fly around when I just felt like burning 100LL.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

When is the annual due? 

What were the compressions at last annual?

What is involved in the ECI prop inspections?(I'm new to mooneys)

What do you mean by cure date on the pucks?  Does that mean they are past due for changing?

What is the status of the fuel tanks?  Leaking, last reasealed date, etc...  

Do you have anymore pics?  Particularly of the right side of the panel and underside of belly/wings.

Sorry for all the questions.  I am looking to purchase my first aircraft, and have decided on an M20 for it's speed and am trying to find something I don't have to dump alot of money into up front and can upgrade as I go. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, carusoam said:

Welcome aboard NJF.

Are you in NJ?  We have an NJ Mooney group if you are interested...

I got to see this one up close last week.  It is much nicer than an M20C I had 20years newer....

I’ll see if I can find @Alan Fox around here somewhere....

Best regards,

-a-

I still can’t get announcements to that elusive exclusive group!

Thanks for the welcome.  Yes I am in NJ, renting based out of N85, right next door to sky manor.  If and when I get a Mooney it would certainly be a pleasure to hang with you guys!  I've got the wife convinced, now I just need to look for that one special baby to call my own ha ha.

I will ask ask though, I am 5'10" 200 lbs.  Any guys similar to me around here find the M20's "cozy" enough to fly for a couple hours?  I haven't been privileged enough yet to see one up close and personal enough to where I could even see in an open door at the actual cabin.  My wife and copilot is a measly 115 Lbs so I dont think elbow clearance would be a huge problem but wondering how I will fit..

Thanks for the welcome.  Yes I am in NJ, renting based out of N85, right next door to sky manor.  If and when I get a Mooney it would certainly be a pleasure to hang with you guys!  I've got the wife convinced, now I just need to look for that one special baby to call my own ha ha.
I will ask ask though, I am 5'10" 200 lbs.  Any guys similar to me around here find the M20's "cozy" enough to fly for a couple hours?  I haven't been privileged enough yet to see one up close and personal enough to where I could even see in an open door at the actual cabin.  My wife and copilot is a measly 115 Lbs so I dont think elbow clearance would be a huge problem but wondering how I will fit..

I’m 6’4” and 245. No issues. Yetti is like 6’8” and I’m sure he has no issues either. I think it will be how much of your 200 lbs. is hanging off the sides.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

NJF,

Alan has the M20C advertised at the top of this thread for sale... I think it is at South Jersey regional KVAY... ...:)

It is worth taking a flight to go see and sit in one.... or a drive if needed....

The C is a great Mooney.  Depending on the size of the people that sit in the back...

The C in the pics has many upgrades done by a prior owner...

Best regards,

-a-

8 hours ago, NJFLYER said:

Hello,

When is the annual due? 

What were the compressions at last annual?

What is involved in the ECI prop inspections?(I'm new to mooneys)

What do you mean by cure date on the pucks?  Does that mean they are past due for changing?

What is the status of the fuel tanks?  Leaking, last reasealed date, etc...  

Do you have anymore pics?  Particularly of the right side of the panel and underside of belly/wings.

Sorry for all the questions.  I am looking to purchase my first aircraft, and have decided on an M20 for it's speed and am trying to find something I don't have to dump alot of money into up front and can upgrade as I go. 

September , 75 76 77 77 ,  no they were new in 2011 , they are generally good for 10 to 13 years , No smells , resealed in the 80s ,   Will take more pics soon..

2 hours ago, NJFLYER said:

I'm 5'10" and 190, my wife is 5'10" and lighter than me. We have plenty of room. 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2018 at 7:13 PM, NJFLYER said:

I'm 5'10" and 225.  My shoulders are somewhat broad.  It can get cozy with another guy in the cockpit, so we usually stagger the seats.  You'll have that same issue in comparable piper or cessnas.  When I'm flying with my wife, it's not an issue.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...