1976 M20F SOLD in Orange County, CA

rdshave

I’m ready to list for sale my 1976 M20F. I’d appreciate any serious shoppers to look at my website for details. I’ve gone to great efforts to be completely transparent. This listing on Mooneyspace is my first listing “for sale” anywhere. I hope she finds a good home.

image.thumb.png.13dbab118de4a0d81560215b59f984d3.png
TTAF: 5490 as of 7-3-2019
SFRM: 1596 hours, Installed 2002 and averaging 100 hours per year.
Prop: 1596 hours
Hangared: Fullerton, CA KFUL
Last Annual: March 2018
Comps at Annual: 77 79 76 78

430WAAS, KT 74 ADS-B Out Compliant, STEC-20 with GPSS, P2 AAS System, JPI 700, AOA, Leather Interior,
201 Windscreen, lots of Lasar mods, new donuts, well-maintained.

And, more.

$68,000

Ron
Edited by rdshave
  • Like 2

This is definitely a Beautiful plane with updated avionics for IFR.  If I didn't have a written accepted offer, I would definitely be interested.  I like how your marketing page, as the additional information and story, coupled with the great pictures and explanations, really sell the plane.  I have a feeling this one will not be on the market very long.

• 2 weeks later...
95V has sold, pending a pre-buy inspection. The purchase agreement has been signed and both parties are satisfied... at least I am.

So, thanks to Mooneyspace for finding my buyer. The only listing or mention of my plane for sale has been here. I had lots of calls and several offers and she sold quickly. If someone wants a Mooney, they’ll be checking Mooneyspace.

The buyer is a wise, young family man who will make good use of 95V. I’m really enjoying myself and appreciating his enthusiasm for this Mooney. It is rewarding to know she’ll be well taken care of.

I appreciate all the advice shared here and will visit often just to make certain everyone is still getting along. I never shared much, but valued the advice so many of you have provided.

Thanks and blessings to you all,
ron

• Like 9

5 hours ago, rdshave said:

He flew out from east of the Mississippi to see the plane last Friday. He visits Mooneyspace, I'll let him chime in if he wants to share more.

Congratulations on the sale.  Hope you stay active on the site and in the group.

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:49 AM, rdshave said:
I’m ready to list for sale my 1976 M20F. I’d appreciate any serious shoppers to look at my website for details. I’ve gone to great efforts to be completely transparent. This listing on Mooneyspace is my first listing “for sale” anywhere. I hope she finds a good home.

image.thumb.png.13dbab118de4a0d81560215b59f984d3.png
TTAF: 5490 as of 7-3-2019
SFRM: 1596 hours, Installed 2002 and averaging 100 hours per year.
Prop: 1596 hours
Hangared: Fullerton, CA KFUL
Last Annual: March 2018
Comps at Annual: 77 79 76 78

430WAAS, KT 74 ADS-B Out Compliant, STEC-20 with GPSS, P2 AAS System, JPI 700, AOA, Leather Interior,
201 Windscreen, lots of Lasar mods, new donuts, well-maintained.

And, more.

$68,000

Ron

My favorite color.  If I didn't already have my bird I would have snapped this one up quick.

• rdshave changed the title to 1976 M20F SOLD in Orange County, CA

Today, August 10, 2018, "escrow" closed on 95V. She is no longer mine. However, she is in good hands . . . she has a new family. Tuesday I will ferry her to NorCal where her new owner will prep for his trek home. Thank you all for your interest and inquiries, this sale has been an enjoyable experience! Ron

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!  I am the new owner of N6995V.  I have been a member of Mooneyspace for about 11 months but this is my first introduction and 95V is my first plane.  To say I'm excited is an understatement.

First, regarding  @rdshave,  I want to say that I could not have asked for a more generous, kind, and stand up guy.  This was my first aircraft purchase and after reading about the potential pitfalls and gotchas that can often plague the process, I was initially apprehensive.  But I feel extremely lucky that the entire purchasing experience occurred with no problems.  Not only did Ron bend over backwards to help with the multitude of details of the sale itself but he ferried the plane with me as a passenger up to San Jose where I did my transition training and he prepped the plane (including emergency gear) for the trip back to Wisconsin.  Thank you so much @rdshave - I can't imagine that many sellers would have done what you did for me and I really appreciate it.

Secondly, with the new to me plane, I was very excited but also a bit anxious about transitioning into a Mooney.  As a low-time pilot, I have read many stories of potential landing challenges for people like me.  Additionally, I didn't have my complex endorsement at the time of purchase.  Because the plane was in California, training with @donkaye was the logical choice for me and I am so glad that I was able to train with him.  Lets put it this way, when I'm on final approach now, I hear Don's voice pop into my head reminding me what to look for to achieve a good landing.  On the way home it seemed like he was still in the cockpit with me!  I'm so grateful that the timing of the purchase worked out with his schedule and that we were able to have our initial meeting during Oshkosh.  And boy does he have some interesting flying stories to tell too!

Finally, I really lucked out with the weather.  To start, I staged the flight from Stockton to avoid the potential morning overcast of the San Jose area.  I took the middle route over I-80 with only an overnight stop in Scotts Bluff, NE (and fuel stops in Ogden, UT and Lemar, IA partly because I'm conservative and still learning and getting comfortable with her actual fuel consumption); about 11:30 of total flight time from Reid-Hillview RHV to my home base in Waukesha, WI KUES.  By the way, the Steel Grill restaurant in Scotts Bluff makes an excellent steak.  What an epic adventure the last 6 days has been for me...I'm still decompressing and processing everything.  I'm certainly on cloud 9 though and looking forward to more flying opportunities with my family and for work.  Next for me is to finish my instrument rating - now in my Mooney! 

Also, I would appreciate any recommendations for a Mooney mechanic in my area.  Thanks!

• Like 13

On 8/20/2018 at 8:16 AM, rbridges said:

Glad that the transition went well.  I have a similar panel setup except for an STEC50.  It's going to spoil you.  

Thanks.  I really like the panel.  Still have lots to learn with the 430W but even on this VFR-only trip I appreciated the advantages of GPS.

29 minutes ago, apenney said:

Thanks.  I really like the panel.  Still have lots to learn with the 430W but even on this VFR-only trip I appreciated the advantages of GPS.

A lot of people will poo poo the GPSS, but I've grown to love it. 

On 8/19/2018 at 11:55 PM, apenney said:

Hi all!  I am the new owner of N6995V.  I have been a member of Mooneyspace for about 11 months but this is my first introduction and 95V is my first plane.  To say I'm excited is an understatement.

First, regarding  @rdshave,  I want to say that I could not have asked for a more generous, kind, and stand up guy.  This was my first aircraft purchase and after reading about the potential pitfalls and gotchas that can often plague the process, I was initially apprehensive.  But I feel extremely lucky that the entire purchasing experience occurred with no problems.  Not only did Ron bend over backwards to help with the multitude of details of the sale itself but he ferried the plane with me as a passenger up to San Jose where I did my transition training and he prepped the plane (including emergency gear) for the trip back to Wisconsin.  Thank you so much @rdshave - I can't imagine that many sellers would have done what you did for me and I really appreciate it.

Secondly, with the new to me plane, I was very excited but also a bit anxious about transitioning into a Mooney.  As a low-time pilot, I have read many stories of potential landing challenges for people like me.  Additionally, I didn't have my complex endorsement at the time of purchase.  Because the plane was in California, training with @donkaye was the logical choice for me and I am so glad that I was able to train with him.  Lets put it this way, when I'm on final approach now, I hear Don's voice pop into my head reminding me what to look for to achieve a good landing.  On the way home it seemed like he was still in the cockpit with me!  I'm so grateful that the timing of the purchase worked out with his schedule and that we were able to have our initial meeting during Oshkosh.  And boy does he have some interesting flying stories to tell too!

Finally, I really lucked out with the weather.  To start, I staged the flight from Stockton to avoid the potential morning overcast of the San Jose area.  I took the middle route over I-80 with only an overnight stop in Scotts Bluff, NE (and fuel stops in Ogden, UT and Lemar, IA partly because I'm conservative and still learning and getting comfortable with her actual fuel consumption); about 11:30 of total flight time from Reid-Hillview RHV to my home base in Waukesha, WI KUES.  By the way, the Steel Grill restaurant in Scotts Bluff makes an excellent steak.  What an epic adventure the last 6 days has been for me...I'm still decompressing and processing everything.  I'm certainly on cloud 9 though and looking forward to more flying opportunities with my family and for work.  Next for me is to finish my instrument rating - now in my Mooney! 

Also, I would appreciate any recommendations for a Mooney mechanic in my area.  Thanks!

Your post is very inspiring to me.  I am in the process of completing my transition training with @donkaye as well.  He is a great guy and a fantastic instructor.  My hope is that after I am completed with him this Friday I will be able to have more confidence in my abilities in flying my 67 F.  For you to have completed your flight home immediately after transition training is a wonderful thing.  Congratulations.

I'm coming from a place of ignorance....Why do some not like GPSS?

The typical reason is they were dropped on their heads as a baby.

GPSS is an awesome technology and it brought new life to my autopilot. Couldn’t even begin to imagine why people don’t like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MrRodgers said:

Your post is very inspiring to me.  I am in the process of completing my transition training with @donkaye as well.  He is a great guy and a fantastic instructor.  My hope is that after I am completed with him this Friday I will be able to have more confidence in my abilities in flying my 67 F.  For you to have completed your flight home immediately after transition training is a wonderful thing.  Congratulations.

Thanks.  I hope all goes well with your transition.  I really liked Don's teaching style.  Being in California for a few days reminded me of what a great place to fly it can be.  On the other hand, having several occasions where other planes were in very close proximity did get a little nerve-racking!  

• Like 1