Pearland Regional

Rookie

When I've gone to Astros games in years past I landed at Hobby several times - it's a lot closer and fuel was usually $1/gallon more than the farther out airports. They had a car pulled up next to the airplane - and we got the cheapest rate on an economy rental i've seen. All things considered it may have been $30-$50 more but the convenience was well worth it.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

When I've gone to Astros games in years past I landed at Hobby several times - it's a lot closer and fuel was usually $1/gallon more than the farther out airports. They had a car pulled up next to the airplane - and we got the cheapest rate on an economy rental i've seen. All things considered it may have been $30-$50 more but the convenience was well worth it.

Do you use Million Air @ Hobby?

living Houston,  ignore the mileage, it fools you.

Hobby is def the closest not bad.

Ellington is  tough to get to, 45 south is a beast.

Sugarland, extremely nice airport, I live at the end of the runway but depending on traffic miserable.

KDWH is the only airport, almost on the right side of downtown but is a bit further out. 

I'm based at kdwh, probably a bit biased, i'd say except for Sugarland and hobby it's pretty much the best equipped.

did I say sugarland is NICE.

• Like 2

Sugarland is very nice with a fair amount of biz jet traffic.   and a tower.   It's $10. to pick up someone there which is not bad.   They will come get you in the cart.  My Mother in law thought it was cool to be treated like that.

There is a also West Houston airport.   Also nice.   $20.00 to park there for a few hours.

forgot about ktme, Houston executive.  straight down I10 past Katy,  extremely nice airport.

they pull your plane under the canopy when you're ready to leave.  also on the extreme edge of the class B

Edited by McMooney