Headliner

On 7/2/2018 at 12:42 PM, Little Dipper said:

The headliner  in my 95 Ovation is starting to come loose and hang down in the back seat area.    I might be just glued on?    Does anyone know of a shop in eastern Pa/NJ that could repair it.  ?

Norm

N995K

I had the same thing happen to a '97 Encore. I bought a couple yards of the fabric from Aircraft Spruce and took the fiberglass headliner and the fabric to a local upholstery shop and had them use their upholstery adhesive and glue it on with 3M contact adhesive. It turned out great.

16 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

I had the same thing happen to a '97 Encore. I bought a couple yards of the fabric from Aircraft Spruce and took the fiberglass headliner and the fabric to a local upholstery shop and had them use their upholstery adhesive and glue it on. It turned out great.

Was it difficult to get the fibereglass headliner out?

If you're looking for a minimum cost but professional looking result I suggest talking to a local auto trim shop. When I redid the interior in my E I used such a shop for the headliner, carpet, and leather. In the case of the headliner he used automotive material (which far exceeds aircraft flame spread specs, and came to my hangar to install - contact adhesive. 

Your headliner is different but maybe you should be able to get the idea.

IMG_20150608_202334288_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150608_201754579_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

If you’re going to mess with the headliner and like leather, you might consider going ahead and using leather.   I found that my cabin is quieter and MUCH more comfortable (temperature wise).   It really does a good job insulating.  

7140E716-A6D3-49B0-B198-945B2B6DE7D2.jpeg

• Like 2

One more data point - Air Tex is based at Trenton (KTTN).  I've used their upholstery kits in other planes with satisfaction.  Have never had them perform the work but since they're on field it might be worth a call.

28 minutes ago, jdrake said:

One more data point - Air Tex is based at Trenton (KTTN).  I've used their upholstery kits in other planes with satisfaction.  Have never had them perform the work but since they're on field it might be worth a call.

Thanks,   In the past (1980's  :) ) I used Air Tex for an interior kit for my old Arrow and was very pleased with them.   I called them about my headliner and they don't do headliner installs.   I think I'm going to stop over at Sure Flight and see if they are interested in doing a small job like this on my Mooney.    They did a great job on my panel revamp.

• Like 1