REM3-4-2 == M34-14M rod end bearing?

RobertGary1

5 hours ago, RobertGary1 said:

Mooney uses a different (?old?) part number format but is the REM3-4-2 that the Mooney manual talks about the Heim M34-14M (with magaflux)?

-Robert

Robert,

Where in IPC do you see that number (REM3-4-2)? Your F is newer then mine. I've replaced few rod ends in the past and remember doing some research at the time (like, Heim change the design of part and kept same p/n) but my '67F IPC lists M34-14 on multiple places. Heim catalog (you can download it from RBC bearing website) lists M34-14M as current but I can't find cross-reference to REM p/ns. 

I think, if you are ordering parts, M34-14M is the one to go or it's Aurora p/n equivalent since Aurora bearings are much cheaper.

Yes,

I remember the part now:

https://lasar.com/hardware-bearings/rod-end-bearing-steering-link-rem3-4-2

It says it's equivalent to MM-3M-21 and REM was not Heim p/n IIRC.

You probably need this for your now wheel steering, right?

I remember buying it as NOS from some big parts dealer, including some other parts I needed from my rebuild.

Edited by Igor_U