Portable Intercom Question - quick fix

So guys,  I have to take a little trip next week. Taking our daughter to College for her orientation day.  Our K model only has a 2 place intercom thats always enough, until we add a passenger. Its' about 4 hr flight and don't want to leave her all by herself, so to speak.

I've attached a pic of a $90 2 place intercom from A/S.  Couldn't I leave my headset plugged into my jacks on my side, plug this into my wifes jacks and then hers into the "pilot" jacks and our daughter into the "co-pilot" jacks ?   My wife doesn't make radio calls so just need theirs to be internal to the cockpit.

Thanks Gents....and yes a full new comm panel is coming soon with all of the other goodies.

3place.JPG

Hey Jim !  Good to hear from you again.  Copy on the link, thanks!   So, when you used yours, did you just stay plugged into your own mic jacks and then plug the portable in for your two passengers?  I would think since its plugged into the plane that all three should be able to hear and communicate over the internal intercom, right?  .. and you would still have ptt for outside comms?

Looks like I'm relocating to OK in two months so going to wait until I get there to have all my avionics updated (has to be cheaper there than in Cali !)  That G5 stares at me all the time asking when, when !  ha

Just relating a personal experience, not sure if it will happen to you. 

I was delivering a Cessna 206 on amphibs with 2 other pilots. It was an older plane with a 2 place intercom.  The new owner, who was one of the pilots, thought the same thing .... borrow a separate 2 place intercom and plug it into the copilot position. 

It didn’t work as we hoped. There was a lot of induced noise and volume was way down between the pilot and copilot/passenger. We got by with it but it wasn’t what we hoped. 

I hope you have better luck than we did if you try it.