SCS Interior break down

5 pieces in the back make up the side walls of baggage area including the floor. The two outer front pieces are two runners from rudder to rear seats and the smaller piece is for around the area between the seats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I don’t have that on my F, if the area is carpeted, I don’t think this is the right carpet grouping.

The wheel well?...between the pilot and co-pilot rudder pedals

1 minute ago, J0nathan225 said:

yea my wheel well is carpeted, but the photo doesn't seem to have that piece of carpeting. Probably a question for SCS.

Jon, my '66E is plastic, same as side walls, door... when I redid interior I painted it maroon.

2013-02-13_10-25-49_279.jpg

1 minute ago, J0nathan225 said:

Ahhh, well at some point mine was carpeted. I wonder what is underneath it, I will have to investigate. 

should be the aluminum wheel well, me 65 E was bare aluminum and my new carpet kit came with the pieces to wrap it but I went with new plastics....looks better to me

65 and older was carpet over aluminum...

I got new carpet from airtex....

expect to have to remove some control rods that pass through that area and the flap and trim position indicator is mounted there as well.

in the middle of winter it is best to have some good insulation there, whatever you go with...plastic or carpet.

For plastic... look up plane plastics....

Best regards,

-a-

I bought just the two long vinyl runners for the pilot and copilot side from SCS.  Even Though they advertise the whole set you can just buy peices. I got them in black vinyl, and I am very pleased with them. No more carpets to clean!

In my F the two runners pretty much covered everything I wanted covered. They also come with pre cut insulation that sticks to the bottom of them.

(Once you sign that release of the dimensions you are screwed if its not correct. They will charge you for anything that needs changing.)

Edited by ABCDEF

10 hours ago, J0nathan225 said:

Was that a kit from SCS by chance? 

One thing what I noticed and you might want to investigate is:

When I looked for carpet kit for my '67F, I didn't see SCC kit having two side wall pieces that go on the wall under the plastic panels on pilot and copilot side. I believe Airtex interiors had that and it was listed under "Wall panel sets" for 65 and newer Mooney. I think I confirmed that emailing them...

As for wheel well carpet, my '67F doesn't have that but I remember seeing it on the older models. Aluminum wheel well is hidden by plastic pieces so no carpet is needed.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ABCDEF said:

I bought just the two long vinyl runners for the pilot and copilot side from SCS.  Even Though they advertise the whole set you can just buy peices. I got them in black vinyl, and I am very pleased with them. No more carpets to clean!

In my F the two runners pretty much covered everything I wanted covered. They also come with pre cut insulation that sticks to the bottom of them.

(Once you sign that release of the dimensions you are screwed if its not correct. They will charge you for anything that needs changing.)

Having a hard time visualizing the vinyl.  Have a pic of the vinyl flooring installed by chance?