Nice opportunity for a Bravo owner!

KSMooniac

Thanks a lot for the pictures. Doesn‘t look to complicated.

The most complicated should be the roll servo. I have looked at my king servo installation and that is a 

nightmare of space and cables. It would be great if you could manage to make a picture of that as well.

Interesting that they put the GAD 29 in the back.

Some cool new features I found out this weekend. Autopilot off and try a stall. GFC 500 kicks on and puts in movements to recover. You can just hold down the AP yoke disconnect switch and over ride it or turn it off all together before u practice. Of course in a runaway trim situation u can  over power the servo.

The best part of the GFC500 is the Yaw damper. Makes all approach intercepts very smooth on autopilot. But a neat thing is u can keep the YD active all the time. The YD can be active when hand flying. The rudder trim is not needed anymore.  If I want to hand fly a climb out I just engage the YD and it takes care of the rudder. I prefer to hand fly and only engaged the YD. I tried a steep turn with YD engaged and it did a great job. The safety features work good. Did some unusual attitudes and let the wife push the LVL button. Made her happy. The plane returns to level flight. So far favorite thing about the GFC 500 besides the smooth intercepts and the YD use with out autopilot. Very simple autopilot. Wife can get learn to use it easy. Super user friendly.

• Like 4

Yeap, I will try to post some more detailed pics of the install when I get home. Washing the belly I found all the rivet marks that are in permanent marker. After I received my box of parts I was wondering why no vacuum pumps? I had hoped they just didn't bother to return them to me. Then I noticed my standby vacuum switch was still in the new panel. After an oil change, my suspicion was confirmed. Garmin ordered a new panel cut and got rid of switches I didn't need except for the standby vacuum pump. They left both the standby vacuum pump and the engine driven vacuum pump on the plane. For what, I have no idea. Firewall aft everything is removed but they didn't bother to remove the vacuum system firewall forward. They did weigh my plane after and I actually gained weight which isn't a surprise because I have a light Bravo that hadn't been weight in 10 years. My local mechanic is going to remove the vacuum pumps and redo the weight and balance at the end of the month. I still feel I got a great deal because now I have all the wiring to upgrade to the G3X with minimal work. They took a couple of months longer than they said it would take. They put in a second G5 that was not required for the autopilot stc, a new cut panel and didn't bill me for that. The 50 hours that they used my plane I was responsible for maintenance. No problems came up except for 2 oil changes and a faulty CHT probe which they replaced free of charge. Overall I feel I gave them a good squawk free plane and they gave it back to me the same way. I am glad I did it because I would have never replaced my working KFC 150. Replacing a working autopilot was low on my list of improvements. Now that I have flown behind the GFC 500 I am glad I did it. Huge improvement. One thing a shouldn't have to worry about for a long time. 

• Like 2

Time to start planning an exchange of vac pump for second alternator?
PP thinking out loud...
-a-
Interesting...@carusoam teach me something here...I thought all Bravo's came with a second alternator. I assumed this to be the case because the one I bought in September has two. Is this not the case?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, carusoam said:

Dang!  I was looking to find a role for the leftover installed vac system parts...

The Bravo was so well developed and equipped, the only thing missing is an espresso machine. :)

Thanks gents and best regards,

-a-

Every Bravo after serial number 27-0150 (mine) has an espresso machine.

• Like 1

Great news!

Since José has been on holiday... the venturi style, vacuum driven, human waste removal system has become unavailable...

Now... with a spare vacuum system... a solution looking for a challenge...  raining down on humanity is no longer a requirement...

Perfect for the plane that has everything!

I would love an espresso while flying in IMC... Make mine a size doppio!

Now I have to find a 24v espresso machine...  https://www.handpresso.com/en/36-on-the-road

:)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 2