Request Coaching on Mooney Dip

1 hour ago, MBDiagMan said:

I have never considered myself a weakling.  Before my shoulder problem I could stow the gear with the best of them.  I tried the dip this morning and set my shoulder on fire.  At this point it is just too tender.  I have had an MRI, a CT scan and two appointments with the sport medicine ortho Doc.  There is a growth in there and other problems.  There is no solo Mooney flying any time in my near future.  I am even at the point of heaving to decide whether to convert it to electric, trade up or get out of the Mooney business.

Not the best day of my life.

Sorry to hear this and I will say the 'nod' (as I have known it) was taught to me by the PO of my E. He was selling her because even with the nod he had shoulder issues, so there is a threshold where you pretty much have to go electric or fold your wings as he did. I had rotator cuff surgery in my right shoulder about ten years ago and the nod has allowed me to put less strain on it, but I could see how a fresh injury could be aggravated regardless of what I did.

Pay no attention to the comments from the young bucks here ( @TheTurtle , @skydvrboy), their day will come :P

36 minutes ago, ShuRugal said:

You need the STC for the 34" pants on the pilot and Copilot.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Happily.  How many amu?  (don't snitch to the right seat...)

Happily.  How many amu?  (don't snitch to the right seat...)
Well, the STC and the install can be expensive, but you can expect to see a modest increase in your useful load as well, so it balances out in the long run.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, ShuRugal said:

Well, the STC and the install can be expensive, but you can expect to see a modest increase in your useful load as well, so it balances out in the long run.

I went from 46 to 34 and the best thing I noticed was getting rid of this:

MooneyFuelSelectorTurnTool.jpg.d4d48477abae5d60cef2df656415978c.jpg

Oh, and the 5 extra gallons of avgas.

• Like 1