Retirement location

St. George is awesome.  I spent a week out there for business a few years ago and was amazed at how beautiful it was.  Worlds different than SLC where I was the week before. It’s one of the few places I’d pick to retire to right now. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/10/2020 at 9:02 AM, nosky2high said:

I’d like to recommend the three states region of SE Alabama, northern FL panhandle and SW GA area for consideration. Land is still widely available and affordable. There are numerous small airports with inexpensive hangar space or room to build as well as airpark options. It’s nice living in an area when the country goes full stupid you’re mostly not affected by the big city/big government nonsense. If you’re a self sufficient type looking for long growing seasons this area is worthy of consideration. 

Bought my first house in 1992 in Enterprise for $62,500. I was sweating bullets because that was the most debt I'd ever been in at the time. :D Flew a rental airplane once or twice out of Enterprise too.

• Like 1