Some assembly required

Htwjr

Does anyone have any thoughts on the 1982 231 for sale on ebay?  It has 1100 tt but the tail and prop has been removed.  Why would they do that?  I would like to upgrade and don't mind doing a little work but curious as to why it would be handled this way.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-Mooney-231-M-20K-1100TT-since-new-one-owner/123210449138?hash=item1cafea40f2:g:IsMAAOSwbKRbL~fw

The auction is currently at $42K. There is no room left to make this a "heck of a deal".

You would end up with probably the lowest time 231 in the world.  But it will cost you.

Cheers,

Dan

Wow! 

"It take a good 6 hrs to reassemble correctly The tail bolts back on in less than hr and the rest of time is reinstalling the wiring plugs all are marked."

I just can't imagine anything going wrong!  ;) Nor can I imagine why there is only i bid on it!

I think it was Morristown from which I would never buy an aircraft. I was looking (in silico) at a Mooney there when some digging turned up the fact that the thing was in a flood. They dried it out, slapped some paint on it and were trying to sell it.  They neglected to tell me about its submersion when I inquired about the aircraft’s history. Found a sucker too. The sad thing is when the mill unsurprisingly quit the guy was a couple sheets to the wind. The FAA blamed him for the crash and not the fakirs who sold him a dangerous airplane. And that isn’t the last questionable thing to come out of there.