Restaurant updates

BKlott

Found out today that Nini’s Landing at Bartow Airport is now closed. The website says “permanently”. Winterhaven’s restuarant is temporarily closed for remodeling. Not sure when they will re-open. The taxiway improvements at KGIF have been completed providing easier access from the terminal building to runways 11 and 23.

• Like 1

Found out today that Nini’s Landing at Bartow Airport is now closed. The website says “permanently”. Winterhaven’s restuarant is temporarily closed for remodeling. Not sure when they will re-open. The taxiway improvements at KGIF have been completed providing easier access from the terminal building to runways 11 and 23.

Interesting. We went there at Sun N Fun. Any word why it closed? It was busy when we were there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

They’ve had two or three restaurants at Bartow go under. Too bad. I visit there quite often. Just not enough traffic I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have no idea why Nini’s closed. There was a comment on the airport’s website under “Meeting minutes” a few months ago where one of the board members asked about how the restaurant was doing. The answer was essentially that they had good days and bad days. It also said that the weather was impacting their business. I’m guessing they didn’t generate enough local drove-in business to sustain them.