Back to #MooneyZoom for this girl

mooneygirl

Had a great test flight today after overhaul.  The engine just sounded so beefy. It didn't miss, or cough or anything.  Thirty minutes of 147 kts [75% power] around Santa Maria Airport.  It has been a long process but it was great to be back in the air. Of course Mooney Lucas Aviation Puppy was bouncing along with me in the turbulent skies.

Here are a few photos.  Gonna fly it quite a bit before my 7/18 departure for #OSH18IMG_5380.thumb.JPG.ee420be42b46145bf72013425051fa8b.JPGIMG_5382.thumb.JPG.6fc160af11a2305f5028b6b37a943c25.JPGIMG_5381.thumb.JPG.a9ed44cda3833d9fddb2fe1010b18c35.JPG1772806430_ScreenShot2018-06-25at8_01_29PM.thumb.jpg.b3d4ca78ce70ab8d438bda6430404228.jpg

IMG_5378.JPG

• Like 10

One thing in your notes jumped out at me because I've experienced the same thing after overhauls.. "prop 2650 need to get to 2700". For some reason, adjusting the prop governor is almost always overlooked when reinstalling and running up the engine.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 1964-M20E said:

I want to know if you won the race?  At least that is what you flight path looks like.:)

One of my friends said I hit the wall on turn three! LOL.  It was bumpy and a lot of turning! 

13 hours ago, mooneygirl said:

Had a great test flight today after overhaul.  The engine just sounded so beefy. It didn't miss, or cough or anything.  Thirty minutes of 147 kts [75% power] around Santa Maria Airport.  It has been a long process but it was great to be back in the air. Of course Mooney Lucas Aviation Puppy was bouncing along with me in the turbulent skies.

Here are a few photos.  Gonna fly it quite a bit before my 7/18 departure for #OSH18IMG_5380.thumb.JPG.ee420be42b46145bf72013425051fa8b.JPGevery 

what a pretty dog.  Does she every seem to have issue with noise?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rbridges said:

what a pretty dog.  Does she every seem to have issue with noise?

Mooney is a mini-Golden retriever. When he was a baby I used the Mutt Muffs.  But then as he got older I just stopped using them.  It isn't that loud in the cockpit and he doesn't seem to be fazed by any of it. I put him on the wing walk, tell him to get in his seat and off he goes. He has about 400 hours with me in the plane.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, mooneygirl said:

Mooney is a mini-Golden retriever. When he was a baby I used the Mutt Muffs.  But then as he got older I just stopped using them.  It isn't that loud in the cockpit and he doesn't seem to be fazed by any of it. I put him on the wing walk, tell him to get in his seat and off he goes. He has about 400 hours with me in the plane.

I used to do a lot of flights for Pilot's N Paws.  Not so much anymore.  But I spoke to a veterinarian who said that dogs ears are very sensitive to high pitch (like the dog whistles that humans cannot hear).  The low pitch noises in a cockpit from an engine apparently will not bother their ears at all and covering them is really not necessary.  I fly with my own dogs all the time and they have never needed ear protection.  In fact they are usually asleep by the time I taxi to the run-up area. 

• Like 1