1988 Mooney 20J Turbo Bullet

On 6/28/2018 at 2:04 PM, Marauder said:

That is why you would NEVER EVER see my plane posted here. A plane becomes fair game for those who think they have the expertise to determine a another owner's plane's worth.  

Hahaha... first your plane will never be posted for sale, period. Second if the rumor ever got out that she might be for sale, there will be a line around the block to bid. Third, wherever you post her for sale, she'll set a record for an F, no question.

No doubt she's not perfect, but no airplane is. But she's unquestionably the best F in the country.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I flew to Ft Myers to look at this aircraft.  Buyer beware!  Mag and prop need to be overhauled, main tires are bald and this aircraft has the Plessey Actuator.  Aircraft has two cylinders in the mid 60's last annual and has only flow 10 hrs in the last year.  Interior plastic is yellow and the panel needs to be upgraded.

FWIW.

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2018 at 1:37 PM, M20FanJesse said:

Someone just listed this Mooney "Turbo Bullet" for sale on wingswap. Thought you guys might like to see! $109k

https://www.wingswap.com/listing/10120

@M20FanJesse Jessie, could I suggest on Wingswap you capture and categorize data similar to Controller as opposed depending solely on elective free form narrative format to capture it. It may be useful for or or others to structure the information for search/analytics and it prompts add posters to fill out more complete detail resulting in a better add. . 

914400543_ScreenShot2018-09-28at10_43_23PM.png.452f8b1abbbebadf6aba913afdd6bc26.png

Thanks for the suggestion! Its a double edged sword. Requiring users to fill out every detail about the specs of their aircraft means a much much more complicated and expensive search and querying system, making it less user friendly on mobile devices. Also many users express how they love not being required to fill out a long form, and can put what they want in the ad. I'm trying to figure out a good compromise between the two. Also its a matter of prioritizing funds. Spending $2k for a new ad format, or $2k on marketing, which could lead to more listing purchases, and later fund a new ad format. 

• Like 1

Add the fields as discrete data points, but don't make them required.  That would help to normalize the data for those that are searching for particular details (my wife!), and would highlight the ads where the owner takes the time to fill them out...  Kinda like a pre-prebuy of the owner. ;)

Don't get in a hurry to do it, though.  Whoever does your UX design will probably need some time to think through how it should look and operate within the site.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, afward said:

Add the fields as discrete data points, but don't make them required.  That would help to normalize the data for those that are searching for particular details (my wife!), and would highlight the ads where the owner takes the time to fill them out...  Kinda like a pre-prebuy of the owner. ;)

Don't get in a hurry to do it, though.  Whoever does your UX design will probably need some time to think through how it should look and operate within the site.

Thats a solution. I'll bring this up after we finish a current project. Sorry I've been inactive on here lately. I guess its a good thing but I've been inundated with emails, messages, texts, voice mails, smoke signals... You get the gist! Over 1k visitors a day now! 

• Like 2