Uh oh

triple8s

5 minutes ago, xcrmckenna said:

The safety pilot in this plane commented on the crash on Aviators Lounge Facebook page

Short hand description:
engine quit after going missed on a practice instrument approach. They have some other pictures with one of the main gear folded backwards.

It sounded like they got super lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow the did the best they could under the circumstances and walked away. Good job pilot ! :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, David Herman said:

Nope.

this guy is the worst troll I’ve ever seen. I got no use for this guy. He enjoys getting on here and steering any and ever topic to his BS agenda. he won’t stop ... even after asked nicely. ... post after post of his BS. He likes to bait and stir and then push his personal beliefs ... which are crap. The forum is a better place without this guy. 

You have a right to your own opinion ... as do I.

You’re right we are all entitled to our opinion, as is Tommy, I just think we can rise above name calling.  

Clarence

In an off airport or in cruise situation resulting from an engine out, you rarely get a choice of whether to land on concrete, bitumen or a field.  More often than not it ends up being a field.  Then you are faced with the choice of gear up or gear down.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2018 at 4:50 PM, Marauder said:

Seems to have a unique history as well: http://aviationdb.net/aviationdb/AircraftDetailPage#SUBMIT

<Knock on wood, but for the grace of ....>   In the past this poor J seems to have been cursed by forgetful pilots, one of whom was not a very creative fibber.  The a/c history on aviationdb.net is an interesting read.:huh:

• Like 1

On 6/21/2018 at 4:37 PM, EricJ said:

Usually when I see such discussions the consensus seems to be that pavement is better, since it's more likely to be smoother with less things to catch, thump, dig in, or bounce the airplane around.   I suppose if one was very familiar with the grass strip in question and knew it to be very smooth, the choice might be harder.   I still think pavement is generally a safer bet, though, as long as it's not in crappy shape.

Snow can be great if available in supply without trees.   The co-owner of my local FBO once landed a Seneca with a frozen-up (by ice) main landing gear on snow next to the runway.  The only damage was to the belly antennas.   He was able to feather the props and get them in a horizontal position before touchdown.  It was his home field and had time to work it out.  He bounced it down the runway multiple times on two gear trying to get the third to drop.   No joy.  I didn't see it but saw photos in the local paper.

5 hours ago, Hank said:

What is this "snow" and "ice" that you speak of? I have some ice in my tea right now . . . . .

I could sure have used some of it this weekend.   The hangar gnomes went on strike and I was left to do the sweeping and vacuuming!

2 minutes ago, Fred_2O said:

I could sure have used some of it this weekend.   The hangar gnomes went on strike and I was left to do the sweeping and vacuuming!

I'm sorry, Fred, but it appears that you live in the wrong part of the state . . . . .  ;)

War Eagle!

1 hour ago, Hank said:

I'm sorry, Fred, but it appears that you live in the wrong part of the state . . . . .  ;)

War Eagle!

My family left the state for parts west in 1866.   Only by accident have I returned, so I don't have an elephant or an eagle in the hunt.  I just watch the show with awe. :D

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:22 AM, David Herman said:

My heart breaks every time I see something like this. I hope the injuries were not serious and the plane will be repaired. @Tommy Please no morons should use this tragedy to discuss their (lack of) religious beliefs or political beliefs. THIS IS A MOONEY FORUM. 

But it's okay to use this accident to name call someone? Lol.

And to counter your point, why is it okay to proclaims one's religious belief using a fatal tragedy - aka. thoughts and prayers - but it's not okay to say the opposite? Yup, I just got back from a 7-day ban on MS for "stirring" when I did not ask for any opinions on my (lack of) belief. I never complained when people typed out their thoughts and prayers - even to families that are very unlikely to be Christians.... 

Thoughts and prayers don't trouble me much, what bother me the most are the speculations before NTSB report that are almost bordering as character assassination of the pilots involved.