N943RW at Hawk Aircraft Paint

I Love hearing about the history of the tail number. I'm just completing a purchase on my first plane: C- GLJA. I didn't really think about it until last week, but the letters are actually the initials of two of the most important men in my like:
My Uncle (Gary Lee) - who was like a second Father to me, and was a long time hunting partner until he passed 6 years ago. and, 
My Father (James Arthur) - who gave me the "bug" to fly when I was 4. 

I know they will always be flying and watching over me, regardless. 

• Like 1

So getting serious, a new vernatherm arrived late today and we got started on the swap out. Lynn should finish in the morning and I'll reinstall the oil filter and the cowl and make a test flight. The vernatherm is 2 revs newer than the old one so maybe it will be a charm. Both are stamped 85C (185F). As I think about the data I really don't think the valve has been closing as it should at 185F. 

@Sabremech @AGL Aviation @Guitarmaster @Marauder I also worked on the baffles so I am pretty optimistic that the oil temp will look better.

• Like 5