N943RW at Hawk Aircraft Paint

8 minutes ago, J0nathan225 said:

Bob let me know if you need a ride or any help from Savannah! WX looks ok until about 2PM. Congrats on getting your Mooney back. 

Thanks Jon. I have an early flight in the morning on AA. Hope to be in the air headed back in the Mooney by noon. 

16 minutes ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

There is very nasty weather blowing through the panhandle right now, Bob. I’d imagine it will blow through your route of travel, though, before you pass through. 

Beautiful, bird. Safe travels.

Jim

Thanks Jim. I am landing TPA about 9:30 then Uber over to Vanderberg. I'll have all day to pick my way around any cells. Should be fine once I get out of the tropics.

Just now, Bob_Belville said:

Long day, alarm at 4:00 but the plane is sleeping in its own hangar tonight after 3-1/2 months.

It's beautiful!!!

Did you remember how to fly her after the break?

Just now, Bob_Belville said:

KP, fortunately I brought George along. Sure wish I had your F's cooling! I climbed at about 100 fpm and still had high OilT.

I'll trade you cowls...

Too bad about the cooling.  As you know I still have the guppy mouth with only the LASAR enclosure.  Also, my oil cooler is still out front. 

Just now, kpaul said:

I'll trade you cowls...

Too bad about the cooling.  As you know I still have the guppy mouth with only the LASAR enclosure.  Also, my oil cooler is still out front. 

Yeah, so does @Marauder who has fabulous temps. OTOH, we have much smaller inlets and both the air filter/engine and the oil filter depend on air volume/pressure that comes through those inlets. 

Looks really nice Bob!  I like that the tail has "Different" messages on each side, both appropriate too!  I looked at your Flight Aware track and looks like you had a little weather at the departure end getting out.  I'm sure it's nice to have it back in the hangar.  I look forward to seeing it in person at OSH.

Tom

• Like 1

Yeah, so does [mention=9886]Marauder[/mention] who has fabulous temps. OTOH, we have much smaller inlets and both the air filter/engine and the oil filter depend on air volume/pressure that comes through those inlets. 

How did the cylinder temps look?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

26 minutes ago, Marauder said:

How did the cylinder temps look?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

CHTs were acceptable. But I climbed at 120 kias, never closed the cowl flaps, and cruised at 65% power or less because of OilT.  

3 minutes ago, fantom said:

Great looking paint job....Hawk has done it again, Bob! Hope the FAA likes the N# size. I sure do.

Nice that the paint didn't wash off, flying through the rain. ;)

Enjoy showing her off!

Thanks Gary!

I was not anxious to fly in heavy precip so soon but the weather was pretty cooperative and I only logged 0.3 IMC, none of which was rain. 

Here's Craig Barnett's simple summary of the regs concerning N#s: 

http://www.schemedesigners.com/FAAregs.htm

6 minutes ago, David Herman said:

I noticed the links to change the N number at the bottom. Did you consider it?

November 

Alpha

November

Charlie

Yankee!

:rolleyes:

I consider it briefly as I did when I bought the plane in 2012 and when I decided to paint I perused available #s. But the plane has had 3 N#s already and Nancy likes Romeo Whiskey and wants to keep it. (The 943RW comes from a previous owner, Ronald Westbrook of Chickamaunga GA, whose wife was born in Sep '43. Someone here on MS researched and shared some history on Ron, retired military and airline pilot and apparently a stellar citizen, flew the plane only 58 hours in the 5 years he owned his retirement plane while he updated just about everything - windshield, speedbrakes, bladders, SWTA instrument panel, Stec50 and latest avionics, ARI cowl, lasar speed mods, paint, and more. He sold the plane in 2000 when he developed Alzheimer's and was later mistakenly and tragically shot to death by a neighbor when he was trying to enter the wrong house. Call me sentimental.) 

• Like 1