N943RW at Hawk Aircraft Paint

I really love the design it looks both vintage and modern at the same time look forward to seeing more pics. One question though, I thought that when repainted we are required to have the gigantic Tail numbers hope I'm wrong because that would spoil an excellent paint scheme 

4 hours ago, bonal said:

I really love the design it looks both vintage and modern at the same time look forward to seeing more pics. One question though, I thought that when repainted we are required to have the gigantic Tail numbers hope I'm wrong because that would spoil an excellent paint scheme 

Antique (production) planes (built at least 30 years ago) are allowed 2" numbers. (If I were to leave the USA I'd have to use temporary 12" numbers.) 

Here's Scheme Designers really nice summary which links to the appropriate section or part 45.

http://www.schemedesigners.com/FAAregs.htm

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, bonal said:

Thanks! That's exactly what I was going for and asked Scheme Designers to help me create. 

• Like 1