Garmin G5 Screen Protectors

I recommend these as I gouged my L3 Lynx NGT-9000's screen within fifteen minutes of picking up my bird from the installer. I must have done it when taxing as I took a photo just after engine start and minutes after takeoff.  I have NO clue how it happened. The only thing I can think of is that a USB charging cable end whipped around and nicked the screen good. I sure hope it wasn't my fingernail that did that. 

On 3/30/2019 at 6:00 PM, tigers2007 said:

Interesting. I wonder if @OSUAV8TER makes a touch-sensitive protector for the NGT-9000.

Maybe. The problem are numbers. I have to manufacturer at least 1,000 of these for anyone to even consider making them and that is pulling at some strings. 

@OSUAV8TER OSU,

a question came up the other day...

Since you have the experience, you may have an answer for this one too...

A JPI 900 is a popular Mooney engine monitor... there could be several hundred here on MS alone... ( I understand you have a minimum order to make financial sense for a project like this, and this number only gets you close...)

The latest HD screens from JPI don’t have any gloss protection. Marauder took a pic of the glare....

If it made sense for you... could you make a screen protector for the JPI 900 with an anti-glare nature to it?

A similar product for everyone with a BK KLN94 would be great too... anyone that pushes the screen, momentarily thinking it is a touchscreen, automatically irreparably crushes cells of $1000 display.   save this thought for another day...

I know you like these entrepreneurial type projects...  :)

Best regards,

-a-

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/27/2020 at 9:40 PM, RFriesen said:

Does the screen protector effect the sensitivity of the touch screen? Some screen protectors i use on some of my devices makes it more difficult to use when tapping.

The G5 is not a touch screen.  But as an expensive piece of glass avionics,  I put these on my dual G5s as protection.  You can't even tell there is a protector installed. 

On 3/28/2020 at 7:44 AM, kpaul said:

The G5 is not a touch screen.  But as an expensive piece of glass avionics,  I put these on my dual G5s as protection.  You can't even tell their is a protector installed. 

That is exactly why I developed this product. I spent $10K on the acquisition and installation of the devices. My seats are always being moved in and out for annual and other repairs so I wanted these in case something bumps the panel.

Have you ever seen a 10-15 year old Garmin 430 or 530? It's not a touch screen but the screens look terrible. These devices will help the screen age with grace :)! 

• Like 1