Garmin G5 Screen Protectors

I am proud to present my newest product for your aircraft.
The Gallagher Aviation Garmin G5 Screen Protector is designed to offer long lasting superior protection for your Garmin device. You just spent a considerable amount of money upgrading your dated electronics to the Garmin G5. The Garmin G5 Screen Protector provides protection for your expensive screen from scratches and nicks for many years of future use in your aircraft.

If you want premium protection for the screen on your Garmin G5 device, look no further than Gallagher Aviation’s Screen Protector. This display protector is made of ultra-thin, scratch-resistant glass, comes with a smudge-proof coating, and is extremely easy to apply. The end result is a clear view of your screen without the hassle of bubbles or dust getting in the way.

The tempered glass has 9H hardness (high grade glass), which provides extensive resistance to scratches, including sharp objects like knives and keys. This screen protector is laser-cut for a perfect fit for your Garmin G5 device. It is smooth to touch and has an oil-resistant treatment which allows a quick wipe to restore your screen to sparkling clarity.

The Screen Protector will provide unparalleled protection for many years of use with your Garmin G5 avionics.

I have partnered with Aircraft Source and Sarasota Avionics to distribute this new product and orders can be placed at the link below. All orders placed will be fulfilled by myself and will be shipped via USPS First Class mail. 

Buy Now Link!: https://avionicssource.com/product/g5-screen-protector/

Buy Now Link!: http://sarasotaavionics.com/avionics/g5-screen-protector 

screen protector_avionics-01.jpg

IMG_1253 1.jpg

IMG_1254 2.jpg

IMG_2105 HDR 1.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:55 PM, OSUAV8TER said:

These are now on sale through Aircraft Source. One for $30, two for $55! 

I actually pulled the trigger and ordered a set of these for my dual G5s.  However, your partner Aircraft Source is a little proud of their shipping.  $10 flat rate to be shipped standard USPS.  I almost cancelled the order when I saw their shipping rates.  In fact I will likely not be doing more business with Aircraft Source.

1 hour ago, kpaul said:

I actually pulled the trigger and ordered a set of these for my dual G5s.  However, your partner Aircraft Source is a little proud of their shipping.  $10 flat rate to be shipped standard USPS.  I almost cancelled the order when I saw their shipping rates.  In fact I will likely not be doing more business with Aircraft Source.

Hi Kevin,

I really appreciate your feedback. Our $10 flat rate shipping option exists on orders under $200 to help cover our costs when customers often place orders containing oil, etc. Majority of our orders exceed the minimum for $0 shipping, but for the customers who do pay, I assure you our costs exceed $10 8/10 times. That said, I realize a blanketed policy doesn't work for every order or product on our website especially in a case like this. Regardless, we do not view shipping as a profit center. 

Your screen protector order had an actual shipping cost of just under $5, so I've gone ahead and issued a $5 refund to your credit card. Going forward, customers who want to order just a screen protector (they are awesome btw!) can use coupon code "G5" for $5 off our $10 flat rate if that's the only thing you need to buy. 

Thanks for your continued business!

Edited by Aircraft Source
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Aircraft Source said:

Hi Kevin,

I really appreciate your feedback. Our $10 flat rate shipping option exists on orders under $200 to help cover our costs when customers often place orders containing oil, etc. Majority of our orders exceed the minimum for $0 shipping, but for the customers who do pay, I assure you our costs exceed $10 8/10 times. That said, I realize a blanketed policy doesn't work for every order or product on our website especially in a case like this. Regardless, we do not view shipping as a profit center. 

Your screen protector order had an actual shipping cost of just under $5, so I've gone ahead and issued a $5 refund to your credit card. Going forward, customers who want to order just a screen protector (they are awesome btw!) can use coupon code "G5" for $5 off our $10 flat rate if that's the only thing you need to buy. 

Thanks for your continued business!

Thank you for your response and refund.  It is refreshing to see a company respond like this, although I was not fishing for a refund. I am always willing to pay actual shipping charges. I do understand your position when it comes to heavy orders.  In fact other aviation suppliers have similar policies. 

Hopefully others will take advantage of the G5 coupon code.

Thanks, Kevin

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kpaul said:

Hey kpaul, thanks for ordering a pair of these! I hope you enjoy them and they provide you many years of protection. I developed these to protecting my dual G5 investment in the event that one day I sell my airplane, I can take these off and the screens are like new. I forwarded your feedback onto Aircraft Source about the shipping piece. I know they are attentive to their customers and they want you to keep doing business with them. They have very competitive pricing and are very personable. We appreciate the feedback and we're trying to get this new product launched in the right way. Thanks! 

James Gallagher

• Like 1

James,

What holds the piece of glass in place?

Got a few sentences for ease of use... install and removal?

Just wondering, I don’t have a pair of G5s yet...

I really like the resources working together to get a great product in the hands of some great aviators...

Best regards,

-a-

41 minutes ago, carusoam said:

James,

What holds the piece of glass in place?

Got a few sentences for ease of use... install and removal?

Just wondering, I don’t have a pair of G5s yet...

I really like the resources working together to get a great product in the hands of some great aviators...

Best regards,

-a-

There is a clear adhesive to the back of the glass. Included in each glass protector is a kit to clean and apply the screen protector. Because it is glass, you can simply peel it off when you want to remove it and then use any avionic safe cleaning product (wipes) to remove residue. I designed the screen protector and then had them manufactured by a company that does a lot of products for smart phones. Same concept.

James

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OSUAV8TER said:

Hey kpaul, thanks for ordering a pair of these! I hope you enjoy them and they provide you many years of protection. I developed these to protecting my dual G5 investment in the event that one day I sell my airplane, I can take these off and the screens are like new. I forwarded your feedback onto Aircraft Source about the shipping piece. I know they are attentive to their customers and they want you to keep doing business with them. They have very competitive pricing and are very personable. We appreciate the feedback and we're trying to get this new product launched in the right way. Thanks! 

James Gallagher

Any chance you are designing these for GTNs?  I would love one for my 650.

15 minutes ago, kpaul said:

Any chance you are designing these for GTNs?  I would love one for my 650.

Short answer is yes but I do not know when. I made a big investment in this and I'm a one man army. Once I can get some sales revenue under my belt, I intend to invest in new product introductions such as the Avidyne and Garmin touchscreen GPS MFDs.

People ask why they need a screen protector on a G5 when it is not a touch screen and I challenge them to think about a beat up Garmin 430 or 530. Those devices are not touchscreens...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/11/2018 at 9:08 AM, OSUAV8TER said:

There is a clear adhesive to the back of the glass. Included in each glass protector is a kit to clean and apply the screen protector. Because it is glass, you can simply peel it off when you want to remove it and then use any avionic safe cleaning product (wipes) to remove residue. I designed the screen protector and then had them manufactured by a company that does a lot of products for smart phones. Same concept.

James

A small PIREP...It is just like installing a protector on a phone.  Being familiar with those, it was easy enough to install on my G5 (HSI position) while flying a long stretch enroute to OSH this year.  Protection from possible impact damage when working in the plane and being clumsy is what I like best about the protector.   

Even though the G5 is not a touch screen these devices will be in aircraft for many years. Over time, like we’ve seen with other devices, events will presumably occur that can cause damage. That is why I created this product. I saw how damaged my screen was on my 530 and I wanted to prevent that from occurring again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, 1964-M20E said:

What about one for the Avidyne IFD 540?

John,

This is a response from Avidyne support concerning screen protectors for the IFD products.  Not sure if OSUAV8TER has submitted anything for endorsement from Avidyne, but this is their current stance.

"No, we don't endorse any screen protectors. In fact, some will actually damage the touch screen glass.

It'll be interesting to see if any users come up with something neat but for now, we definitely don't recommend anything.

In the past, on other Avidyne products, folks have used stuff then sent it in for service and since the glass was so damaged because of it, the warranty was void."

Ron

John,

This is a response from Avidyne support concerning screen protectors for the IFD products.  Not sure if OSUAV8TER has submitted anything for endorsement from Avidyne, but this is their current stance.

"No, we don't endorse any screen protectors. In fact, some will actually damage the touch screen glass.   It'll be interesting to see if any users come up with something neat but for now, we definitely don't recommend anything.   In the past, on other Avidyne products, folks have used stuff then sent it in for service and since the glass was so damaged because of it, the warranty was void."     Ron

I’ve discussed this with Avidyne previously and I received a similar response. To me it’s not unexpected. If you were to modify your personal car with a clear bra bumper protector do you think the OEM would honor a paint warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...