iPad Mini4 vs bigger or wait for a the mini 5

Seth

6 hours ago, Seth said:

Have you had that much success with the pencil?

First and foremost (and I have been with Apple since 1984), never buy the first run of an Apple product.

So, we are talking Pencil 2 here, issues resolved.

21 hours ago, Bryan said:

Agree. Pencil support is critical for me.

I've been really happy with the performance of this stylus, using the small tip. No charging required. But I don't know what I don't know about the Apple Pencil and it's capabilities. All I need to do is write, and sometimes draw on plates...

https://www.amazon.com/Bargains-Depot-Capacitive-Universal-Replaceable/dp/B00D5GC78O/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=bargains+depot&qid=1547745116&s=Electronics&sr=1-4

I've got a Mini 4 with a Mini 3 backup. Yes, I was "one of those people" who bought a Mini 3. The stylus works great on both.

Cheers,
Rick

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Junkman said:

I've been really happy with the performance of this stylus, using the small tip. No charging required. But I don't know what I don't know about the Apple Pencil and it's capabilities. All I need to do is write, and sometimes draw on plates...

https://www.amazon.com/Bargains-Depot-Capacitive-Universal-Replaceable/dp/B00D5GC78O/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=bargains+depot&qid=1547745116&s=Electronics&sr=1-4

I've got a Mini 4 with a Mini 3 backup. Yes, I was "one of those people" who bought a Mini 3. The stylus works great on both.

Cheers,
Rick

I like the smaller tip, I have one a little bigger that I use but I don’t mount my iPad but have it (normally) in my lap and I want to use it like a tablet or notebook with the side of my palm resting to write. I think with the pencil, they protect against the inadvertent palm touch and it seems much  more natural. So, without pencil support it wind so me any good to buy a Mini5 when the Mini4 works fine with a small stylus like you pointed out.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest rumor says Apple will releases the new Mini iPad on March 29th along with new AirPods. (Wireless headphones)

Preorder on March 22nd, with Apple expected to hold a press conference for the new devices earlier that week.

...again, all still rumor until confirmed by Apple.

7 hours ago, ilovecornfields said:

Love that mount! Where did you get it?

I bought mine from the manufacturer but had to order 25. I've sold all of them here on MooneySpace. You can find them on Amazon as well now but again, you have to buy a few of them

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M046PID/ref=sspa_dk_detail_4?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B01M046PID&pd_rd_w=xumvA&pf_rd_p=2bd81721-c115-4b8d-93a3-2ecd17466ded&pd_rd_wg=wAtzU&pf_rd_r=B094S519KMZCNZAFR2SE&pd_rd_r=56d71bec-2f8e-11e9-b753-7fe8787a53f8

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bryan said:

Latest rumor says Apple will releases the new Mini iPad on March 29th along with new AirPods. (Wireless headphones)

Preorder on March 22nd, with Apple expected to hold a press conference for the new devices earlier that week.

...again, all still rumor until confirmed by Apple.

Just curious, where did you read that?  I've only seen this.

1 hour ago, ZuluZulu said:

Just curious, where did you read that?  I've only seen this.

Now several places are reporting the same rumor. Here is the most recent:

https://www.redmondpie.com/possible-launch-window-for-ipad-mini-5-airpods-2-airpower-airpods-wireless-charging-case-revealed/

Additional news: https://www.inverse.com/amp/article/53236-ipad-mini-5-upgrade-features-price.
Possible Apple announcement March 25.
Will use A10 Fusion chip (same as iPad 9.7).
Probably not compatible with Apple Pencil 2, possibly compatible with first generation pencil.

I hope they are right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

All I really need is sufficient computing power to run Foreflight Pro (Canada and US) and telecom connectivity to file plans when completing my walkaround.  Mini 4 does that now.  Mini 2 is my backup, but I may transfer that to one of the iphones and stick that to the sun visor a la Piloto if it comes cheap enough.  Will be prepared to invest in a Mini 5 if any part of my current solution/backup goes south.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Marauder said:

I was at the Apple Visitor Center yesterday and tried to pry out information on any new Mini ipads. Those guys must have been Russian spies in a former life. Not even a glint of a smirk or wink.

IMG_3654.thumb.jpg.ee06b8153733ec312053e3f70779d857.jpg

Is that a massive tv screen?!!!

Is that a massive tv screen?!!!

It’s actually a whole series of displays that work in unison and were seamless (i.e. the lines you see in the picture below are actually the seams in the windows across the visitor center and lighting brackets on the ceiling).

What was really cool was that the Apple rep in the picture below was showing us photo taking features and this was someone in the audience he was shooting and having show up on the screen behind him.

b1cd0edba0dbcacce7ff8e1b07a3148d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Marauder said:

Those guys must have been Russian spies in a former life. Not even a glint of a smirk or wink.

Masters at building the buzz. Could be redirecting if they know there really isn't a new mini coming out.

• Like 1