iPad Mini4 vs bigger or wait for a the mini 5

Seth

7 hours ago, Seth said:

Anyone upgrading want to sell me their old late model in good shape iPad while I wait on for the new mini 5?

I've got an old iPad that I'd be willing to sell. My wife just upgraded. I don't remember which model it is but I'll find out. Let me know if you're interested. 

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

Not sure what you mean, the mini has had the retina display since the mini 2.

From the above link....

"Last week’s report reiterated a low-price for the new iPad mini, so it likely won’t include iPad Pro features like a Liquid Retina display and Face ID."

1 minute ago, mike_elliott said:

From the above link....

"Last week’s report reiterated a low-price for the new iPad mini, so it likely won’t include iPad Pro features like a Liquid Retina display and Face ID."

Ah ok, liquid retina, which only the pro has. The retina itself has been around awhile (https://www.imore.com/ipad-mini-2).

iPad releases seem to follow six months out of phase with the iPhones...

i think the pencil works better with the more modern screens... thinner lines, important for writing...

We need to buy one pencil and test it on writing clearances on each screen.... :)

Best regards,

-a-

The Liquid Retina iPads are not the only ones you can use the pencil on. The later model (full screen) iPads (no Pro) also support the pencil.

I use my finger today on the Mini and look forward for the new minis to support the pencil. Even at $100. It beats buying a pro at nearly 1 AMU for a tablet.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a mini 4 lte/cellular because of ForeFlight.

The WiFi does not have the gps chip the cellular mini has.

I never expected how much I would use a mini on and off the plane.

Screen size over an iPhone X or Xr is massive for me and I have 20/10 vision...bought mine used on OfferUp for 200.

It is the most reliable piece of tech I have...has not turned off once.

I dislike apple product immensely...but the mini 4 lte has been rock solid. No speed issues.

I’d hate to give apple money for a mini 5 unless it had huge improvements besides speed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

New photos shared online appear to show an unreleased version of Apple’s iPad mini tablet with design characteristics not seen on hardware that Apple has sold to date. The images appear amid rumors that Apple is planning to release a fifth-generation iPad mini sometime over the next few months.

https://9to5mac.com/2019/01/08/possible-ipad-mini-5-leak/

71A6816F-AFE4-48D0-8C61-9E1FC922B58C.jpeg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Bryan said:

The images appear amid rumors that Apple is planning to release a fifth-generation iPad mini sometime over the next few months.

The article said that Apple was looking to offer a low cost (budget) device, which I find hard to believe---Apple does not do that.

Frankly, it's a no-go for me if the pencil isn't there.

11 minutes ago, HRM said:

The article said that Apple was looking to offer a low cost (budget) device, which I find hard to believe---Apple does not do that.

Frankly, it's a no-go for me if the pencil isn't there.

I hope it's compatible with the pencil.  If I'm honest I'll probably buy one either way, but I'm interested in the pencil as well.

On 1/10/2019 at 4:14 AM, carusoam said:

I saw an interview with a Tim Cook yesterday...

Their bottom line is customer happiness... happy customers are return customers...

Even if they only return a few years later...

He is an interesting CEO to listen too. No MBA required...

Best regards,

-a-

He is an Auburm Grad too :D

• Like 1

He is great at operations but seems to lack on the innovation side. They have a growing problem of mediocrity but still at premium prices. At some critical point they are going to have to reinvent the wheel to stay on top.

I do admire their view on privacy.

• Like 1