scrapped a mooney m20c

Well folks,    3rd time I've cut up mooney,  breaks my heart to take a saw to them,  the 

owner had a tear, he was told it had to go this week, so no choice,   all the parts are

in the museum stock,  no engine though,  it sat  for 2 years in the grass. If you guys require something in Canada

(montreal)  let me know, and still looking for a muffler for my 20a ( it has 2 mufflers on this model)

Mike.                www.cahc-ccpa.com

Hi,  not an electic gear, and YES   will have a few pics in a few days when the guy downloads them for me.  Mike in montreal.

AND a question for you guys,  the lower cowl had a part added to it to make the opening smaller, looks professional part,  should I  put 

this part on my m20a  with the guppy mouth,  what does it do?  speed?  cooling?   

• Like 1

That is probably LASAR cowl enclosure. that is common mod on vintage Mooney. From their website:

Especially designed to reduce the larger air inlet on the older models to provide efficient engine cooling, airspeed gain and reduce cabin noise.

https://lasar.com/mods/

Just curious: any reason why this C mode had to go?

On 6/21/2018 at 3:37 AM, Igor_U said:

That is probably LASAR cowl enclosure. that is common mod on vintage Mooney. From their website:

Especially designed to reduce the larger air inlet on the older models to provide efficient engine cooling, airspeed gain and reduce cabin noise.

https://lasar.com/mods/

Just curious: any reason why this C mode had to go?

I wonder what Lasar would charge to transfer the STC if someone bought the enclosure.

-Robert