Cheap hangars in Florida?

FloridaMan

Anyone have a lead on a cheap hangar or sublet in Florida? I have decided to hold onto both airplanes for a while and need a place to keep my F that I will fly less frequently. I’m on the west coast in Tampa Bay, so closer is preferred. The best I’ve been able to find is 250/mo for a shared hangar. 

I Lived in that area many years ago and learned how to fly at Vandenberg. I don’t know of anything specific but you might check there, although I doubt that you will find anything very cheap these days since it has gotten all fancy and been renamed Tampa Exec.  Perhaps Plant City, Zephyrhills, or Lakeland. Clearwater airpark is another possibility.

PP logic, for the MS community...

• A Spare plane, needs a...
  • spare hangar, Best hangar would be...
  • Hangar at an airpark, replete with an attached house...
  • Attached house, should have multiple bedrooms...
  • multiple bedrooms, for Multiple MS guests...  busy weekends occur in the winter...
  • This way your spare Mooney won’t get lonely... :)

I got this idea from Yooperman.... or I wanted to share this idea with Yooperman?

We are all concerned about your beloved F not getting the attention she deserves...

Do you need somebody to set up a poll?

Best regards,

-a-

5 hours ago, Bravoman said:

I Lived in that area many years ago and learned how to fly at Vandenberg. I don’t know of anything specific but you might check there, although I doubt that you will find anything very cheap these days since it has gotten all fancy and been renamed Tampa Exec.  Perhaps Plant City, Zephyrhills, or Lakeland. Clearwater airpark is another possibility.

Hangars at KVDF when I first bought my Mooney were less than $200/mo. I called and they wanted over $400. Perhaps all the cheap hangars are gone, or they've just all gone up. X39 is for sale and I thought it'd be kindof cool to own an airport. 

I do not even know if X 39 was there back in the day. I remember pilot country, a little north of that. When I had a plane at Vandenberg in the late 80s into the early 90s, there were drive-through shade hangars adjacent to 18/36 that I think cost about 40 or 50 bucks a month. That was well before they built 5/23. It was a great old timey general aviation airport with a lot of great characters that hung around. A real clubhouse. Not many of those left anymore.

Hangars at KVDF when I first bought my Mooney were less than $200/mo. I called and they wanted over $400. Perhaps all the cheap hangars are gone, or they've just all gone up. X39 is for sale and I thought it'd be kindof cool to own an airport. 

Hope X39 stays open. I visit regularly as my son is going to USF and lives close to the airport.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a T-hangar over at KLAL and they are going for about $300/month. There is/was a waiting list, but I got mine within about 4 months and they are in the process of building new hangars as well.