Hangar cleaning - sold the plane

UPDATE - it's all SOLD.  Thanks for the prompt responses.

I have a small collection of aircraft tools and parts that I don't need anymore now that the airplane has departed for greener pastures.  Make an offer for any or all.

Compression Tester -  SOLD

Airwolf oil filter cutter - SOLD

Brake pad rivet tool - SOLD

Handy Bearing Packer - NEW in package - SOLD

Altimeter - SOLD

Dave, sorry you had to sell (but hope things will - or are - working out for you for the best).

I do hope your buyer’s couple of years’ experience prepared him well for ownership of the Ovation.  It’s a lot of airplane for the lesser-experienced, so really hope he’s approaching (no pun intended) his transition training from someone well-versed in the airplane.  If he’s moving up from a short body, that should fill some training gaps so the transition would be smoother.

Again, hope all is working out well,for you.

Steve

Would you be willing to PM me his name or contact details? I'll invite him to join the local Mooney community of pilots, or maybe he already is.

1 hour ago, DaveC said:

A local pilot here in Georgetown, TX who moved up from a short body.  I don't believe he's on this forum and has only been a pilot for a couple of years.

• Like 1

Steve,

He had a good instructor for transition training - me.  I owned the plane for 12 years and put in Aspens, Avidynes, EDM-930, etc, etc, so nobody knew the IFR systems better than me.  I'm also a CFIA/CFII with 30K+ hours, so after about 12 hours of training in all aspects, I signed off a flight review for him.  He's doing well, just needs more time to get really comfortable, but didn't we all when we got a new plane.  He flies safely and is very conservative with his IFR personal minimums, so he'll do fine.  Haven't been to KISP since I retired from SWA.

Paul,

I'll be talking to the new owner today or tomorrow and see if he wants me to forward his info to you.

Dave

• Like 2

-a-

There is no next.  Fifty years and 30K+ hours is enough.  Loved the Ovation2, but moved to Texas from AZ and couldn't find a nearby hangar.  I was driving 45 minutes to a crappy hangar in Lampasas with dirt floors and a lip that was very difficult to get over.  In addition, the 'boss' was becoming a nervous flyer every time we hit a bump.  All good things must eventually come to an end and I didn't want such a nice plane to languish, so I found a new home for it here in Georgetown.  The new owner is giving me visitation rights, so maybe I can right shotgun for approaches or an occasional breakfast.

Dave

• Like 6