My second annual

If you have to ask.........then............
Anyway my plane is always in annual.  I do mx (pay for mx) all the time throughout the year.  To make my life stress free I do not add up what it costs.....
Being stranded AOG just once in some place far away will cost you many times more than doing constant preventative mx.  I know I am just generalizing here but it seems most mechanics have gone to the NJ democratic politicians school of morals and ethics when it comes to AOG situations.

Seeing how other shops treat AOG customers really chaps my....... I agree with you here. I am more than proud to say we do not rip it off in Mrs./Mr. AOG. They don't receive a higher shop rate, and the markup is the same on the parts. If their emergency is an hr or 2 of our labor, they receive a 'safe travels' - not an invoice. We treat them as if they had been coming to us for years. Someone having a REALLY bad day isn't an opportunity to make bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, AGL Aviation said:

If their emergency is an hr or 2 of our labor, they receive a 'safe travels' - not an invoice. We treat them as if they had been coming to us for years. Someone having a REALLY bad day isn't an opportunity to make bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've witnessed this AGL hospitality several times including a Bravo (or Ovation?) who needed help starting his engine when we hosted "Mooneys to the Mountains" here a few years ago. That was a Saturday, late in the day.

16 minutes ago, Bob_Belville said:

I've witnessed this AGL hospitality several times including a Bravo (or Ovation?) who needed help starting his engine when we hosted "Mooneys to the Mountains" here a few years ago. That was a Saturday, late in the day.

That was a good Saturday, even if my carb heat failed in the On position leaving MRN. Got home anyway, somewhat slowly, figured out what caused the power loss, and replaced the carb heat cable.

• Like 1